TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mirabella Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Of Course It's A Boy That Caused This. - January 3rd 2013, 12:01 AM

Hi. So... I'm hoping for a diagnosis. I think I might me depressed. There are a couple reasons for my why I think this: 1. I cry a lot. Recently, everyday. 2. I HATE myself, really I do. I think I'm stupid, selfish, ugly, mean, and obnoxious. Yeah, insecure is my middle name. 3. And the lamest reason... There is this boy. He's my best friend. I'm madly in love with him. And... He told me he loves me back. And we played the "I love you." game for a month and a half before he told me that he just wanted to be friends for the time being. That kind of bothered me, but I accepted it because I thought that after high school we could be together. Did I mention we're not allowed to date? And my mother explained to me yesterday that I'm expected to meet lots of people when I get out of high school and that I'm not to cling on to one person. And thus, my chances of dating and marrying my best friend just like my little freshman dreams wanted is incredibly improbable. Not impossible, just improbable. But I feel like I reallyed screwed up by even telling my friend that I liked him and that it's my fault that I'll never be able to date him. It's stupid. I'm stupid. But I've felt depressed since the beginning of the school year. And maybe I'm just a hormonal freshman girl, but I'm so sad. This can't possibly just be hormones. And I've considered suicide before, but I would never actually go for it. I couldn't do that to my parents. So, there's that. I just want to know if anyone has answers to make me feel less confused and angsty. My god, I feel angsty. It's really annoying. Please help me out. I just want to be happy again and if I need anti- depressants, then so be it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Of Course It's A Boy That Caused This. - January 3rd 2013, 12:07 AM

We can't give you a diagnosis here, only a doctor, etc can. If you feel that you might have depression, etc talk to a doctor, they can run tests etc and determine what is going on and the best course of action to deal with it. I hope you get it sorted out and get back on the happy track!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Of Course It's A Boy That Caused This. - January 3rd 2013, 12:27 AM

As Michael says, we cannot give a diagnosis at TeenHelp.
We can, however, offer you advice on how to get one, as well as give you support so that you can get through it without feeling alone.

Some feelings that you experience might be hormones, but for everything you describe that's perhaps unlikely.
Make an appointment with your GP to talk about it, and then they'll go from there with the diagnosis route.

However, anti-depressants aren't necessarily the sole way that you're going to get over something like depression - if indeed you have it, or something similar.
What you really need is willpower. You clearly care for your parents - you say you wouldn't want to put them through losing you (you're aware, I'm sure, because of your empathy that they'd be devastated). So, keep in mind the things that you love and care for, like your patents.

Now, a boy. Well, I think that you can still "love" him in a way - even if not necessarily romantically for the time being. If he's not ready yet, and you're not allowed to date yet, then it's probably a good idea to wait. In saying this, it will perhaps be to your advantage, as you'll be more mature and then ready if anything does happen again in the future.
Stay good friends with him, and be happy that you know someone so amazing and then hold out and maybe in the future you might be more than friends. For now, love him as a friend.

So, I'd recommend going to see your doctor, and perhaps a counsellor, so that you can get a diagnosis and professional assistance. In addition, we at TeenHelp are always here for you if you want help, or to talk to anyone. You can PM me any time you like if you need to chat.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

Closed Thread