TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Washington406 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Estevon

I hope someone understands - January 5th 2013, 09:21 AM

The last few months have been hard. I've been to the doctor several times a week for a lump on my side. It's cancerous. I feel like everyone that I talk to doesn't understand what I feel. My friends hardly took any interest in it. When I told my parents how I feel. How I think of killing myself. How I don't get sleep. I believe they took it superficially. Why shouldn't I carry on with my plans? Some days I want to kill myself. I just need some help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I hope someone understands - January 5th 2013, 09:26 AM

Hello there,

I'm sorry to see you suffering. BUt, it's great that you found us! I'm Jay, welcome to the site.

Nothing is worth suicide, everything which presents itself as a problem, has a solution to find.
You found us, we can give you support and a helping hand when you stumble along the track which we call life.
You aren't alone in this, mate, feel free to PM/VM (click my username and scroll down to private message, or even click view profile and leave me a message). I don't bite and hopefully you talking with me will help with the load you bear.

Hope to see you around,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I hope someone understands - January 5th 2013, 09:47 AM

Hey there,

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to TeenHelp, I'm glad that you have found us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling and that you feel as though nobody is listening to you. I'd suggest speaking your doctor when you go next about the thoughts and feelings you are having, they will take you seriously and hopefully they will sort out some talking therapy to help you explore these thoughts and feelings. It may also benefit you if you wrote a diary of how you feel every day as a way to 'offload' and you could also show this diary to your doctor too as a way for them to understand how you feel.

You are not alone, we are here to help and support you as much as we possibly can. You are more than welcome to PM me any time if you would like to talk.

Take care,
Lex

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: I hope someone understands - January 16th 2013, 03:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, and I can't honestly say I completely understand how you feel. Although, what I do know is that you shouldn't let this drag you down.
You know that old saying; "Ignorance is bliss"?
Well, think of it like this: If you had never found that lump, gone to the doctor and discovered it's cancerous, it's likely you'd have continued living a normal, happy life.
Now however, you're obviously stressed out and overly worried.
What you should do is realise that there is always a strong chance you'll get past it, like many people do each year. Try not to focus on the medical side of it, continue to make the most of your life and only acknowledge this problem when you have to, such as visits to the doctor and stuff.

Closed Thread