TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

should i tell her ? - February 2nd 2013, 10:52 AM

I'm really stuck at the moment, I feel so alone since I have no face-to-face support with my depression and it feels like no one even cares what might happen next..

I've been getting stronger thoughts of suicide lately and as much as I try and resist them it feels like I can't get through this on my own.
I'm pretty sure throughout my whole depression, the stage I'm at right now hurts the most..

I really need help.

I was thinking about telling my teacher from last year about how things are getting worse but I'm quite nervous? and I don't want to waste her time..?
I need someone to talk to about the bullying and thoughts.
I've talked to her before about it (last year and the year before) but now i feel that i'd be wasting her time since she doesn't teach me anymore..

and I'm the type of person who doesn't like to explain my situation over 5 times so please don't say get another counselor because 1) their are none in the area i live in & 2) It takes along time to build trust and I just want to talk to someone i already trust...

I'm at the verge of ending it all.
should i tell her? or not?

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Palmolive; February 2nd 2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Removing prefix.
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: should i tell her ? - February 2nd 2013, 02:46 PM

If you trust her and she was helpful in the past go for it. She may no longer be your teacher at this point but she should still be there for you as a friend.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: should i tell her ? - February 2nd 2013, 03:11 PM

Hello there,

I'm sorry that things aren't brilliant for you right now and that you feel stuck. I can understand that that isn't a very nice way to feel but you're definitely not stuck where you are. Moving forward is possible. You can make it happen. I do think it's really good that you've come to us here for some support though

I feel more that confident that people will care about what happens to you but I think because you feel alone, you feel like no one would care. But the truth is, just because you feel alone, doesn't mean you are. A lot of people who feel similar to you often feel alone but it doesn't mean they are. I think feeling depressed can just make us feel like we're the only one in the world feeling that way but you have people around you to help you get through this, you just need to reach out to them because if you don't, then they won't know what is going on for you right now, you know?

You say you've been having strong thoughts of suicide recently and I am wondering how you are managing to cope wand deal with them? What ever it is you're doing, keep doing it because you you're doing it, you are fighting it and I know it's hard and sometimes we can get really tired and that it can be generally draining but you're doing really well and you show that you have the strength to get through this. Keep doing things that help you and try things like distractions, okay? It might also be good for you to find a helpful way for you to express your emotions too. Maybe doing something like writing, creating music and/or lyrics, doing art work, doing sport and so on. It might be worth giving those few things a try and see if they help you in any way Nothing to lose!

You keep saying you have depression but I am wondering whether this is true? Have you been diagnosed with depression or do you just feel depressed? There's a huge difference. To be diagnosed with depression you'll have to be assessed by a psychiatrist and the only reason I am wondering whether you have been diagnosed is because you say you have no support which would mean you don't have a psychiatrist to be diagnosed. Of course if that's something you wanted to look in to, you could do too.

I don't see a reason to not talk to your teacher. Sure she may not teach you anymore, but it doesn't work that way. Teachers don't just care about the pupils the teach in the present and teachers are not just teachers to teach either. They teach because they care about children and young adults and want what's best for them. And if you've spoken to her in the past then I don't see why she would mind you talking to her again now so if you feel able to talk to her, then I think that's a good idea. Having that support from your teacher might really help you.

Counselling doesn't help everyone and that's fair enough if you don't want it but know this, we can't not do things in life because it takes time. Sure it might be hard at first but that's life, it is hard but it might actually help in the long run.

I know all of this is hard for you right now, but you can do it so stay fighting okay? Take good care of yourself,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Re: should i tell her ? - February 3rd 2013, 10:23 AM

I'm coping with them by just resisting them until the time is right...
I've been diagnosed by a psychiatrist with severe depression in around march 2011, I've been on medication as well, didnt help though..
and thanks

~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.

❤❤❤
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: should i tell her ? - February 4th 2013, 12:44 AM

Please tell her. Whether or not she's your teacher right now, she can listen and help you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Re: should i tell her ? - February 4th 2013, 10:14 AM

I'm trying to but everyday I see her I just get too nervous and worried that she'll say no :/

~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.

❤❤❤