TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Human - February 3rd 2013, 10:55 AM

Perfect.
Complete.
Sane.
But,
I'm imperfect. And I hate that.
I hate every fragment of my very being. I'm sick of waking every morning and knowing that everyone's far better than me and people will prefer so many others as friends or lovers or aquaintances over me. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and not only seeing the disgusting outside that makes my physical, but the putrid inside of sickness and insanity.
I hate breathing and eating and showering and defecating and sleeping and walking and going to school because I don't deserve it. I am the lowest of low, the worst of the worst, the sickest of the sick, and I don't deserve to be alive. I don't deserve to waste air and resources to just be a stupid waste of space that tries too damn hard to be even close to perfect. That trying is just futile and foolish and I shouldn't even try because it's foolish. Why should an imperfect being live in such a perfect world, screwing up everyone's lives with their simple exsistance?
It's a lie when people say everyone's imperfect. Everyone's perfect and I'm the epitome of imperfection. Scientists use me as a model when showing what the worst human in the world is like and what people shouldn't be like. You look up imperfect in the dictionary, you'll see my face. Not that they'll publish it, it's too imperfect to be printed. The news reports that 99.999999999% of people living on earth are perfect. That 0.0000000001% is me. I'm the embarrassing blemish on the beautifly perfect face of the earth.
I'm ugly, both outside and inside.
I'm disgusting all over.
I'm unhealthy in every way imaginable.
I'm insane.
I'm insane.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Human - February 3rd 2013, 01:10 PM

Hey, 100% of humans are imperfect. We all get sick and die, do we not? I'm so imperfect I probably shouldn't have children: diabetes, bad bone structure, overweight, constant headaches and sinus infections, etc. Then again, I was 5th in my high school class and go to one of the best universities in the world. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. You just need to focus on the strengths you already have instead of the weaknesses you can't change.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Human - February 3rd 2013, 03:23 PM

Hey there,

How can the world be this perfect place if what you've just said is true? For the world to be perfect, everyone on it would have to be perfect. The world would have to be in an un-ruined condition with no problems with the economy or global warming. There would be no wars and no murder because everything would be harmonious. Nobody would be put down for having something that's not considered 'perfect' because it wouldn't exist. Get where I'm coming from?

You're not perfect. You're right. But then again, neither am I. Neither is the poster above me. Or the one who posts below me, or in another thread or forum. The people who don't come to TeenHelp because they don't need the support, they're not perfect either. What I'm trying to say is, perfect is such an ambigious word and a completely unrealistic target to ever aspire to. When you think of what perfection is, what is it? I bet you it's different to what I think perfection is. I bet it's different to what those scientists you mentioned think perfection is too. It means flawless, but what, in reality, ever is flawless? Someone will always be better at you than something, and someone will, no doubt, be prettier than you. But you know what, you're better at something than someone else too, and what you look like, well that doesn't matter because beauty is far more than that.

You deserve to be alive because you are alive. It's really as simple as that. You were put on this planet in the way you are, and the chances of that happening are tiny. Think of all the genes that go into creating a person, all the possibilities there could have been. You came out like this, and that in itself is a miracle. If that's not perfect and good enough, then I don't know what is. To be here is incredible and I'm sad that you don't see that, but then again I think that's another imperfection humans have. We justdon't know when we're good enough.

Maybe you can try something, just as an experiment to see if it helps. Look at yourself in the mirror and think of one thing you like about yourself. It can literally be as small as the way your hair is done today, or that the shirt you're wearing looks good. Anything, okay? Say it to yourself. Say that you like it about yourself and say it until you believe it. You're allowed to like things about who you are after all, so don't be afraid to open you mind and accept it. Once that is done, find something you don't like about yourself. Don't be too harsh on yourself of course, this isn't about insulting yourself. But once you've found it, say to yourself 'I don't like X about myself, but I accept this imperfection as a part of who I am, and who I am is perfectly good enough'. Say this until you believe it, just as you did before. Try and do this every day or something, until you accept yourself. BEcause I promise you, you are good enough already and you deserve to be alive because of that.

We all have things we don't like about ourselves, but don't let them ruin you. There are good thing in people too, you just see past them because you're too busy paying attention to the imprefections. IF this is becoming such a problem that you're really finding it hard to cope with daily life because of it, try talking to someone. I know this is hard, but honestly, we all doubt ourselves and people will have heard it before, especially professionals. Reach out, like you did here, and let people help you. You deserve it just as much as the person you think is 'perfect' does, so don't be afraid to say you're not okay.

I hope this has helped a bit. Remember that you're good enough as you are. You're beautiful and your imperfections make you so.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread