TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Unhappy My friend... - April 9th 2013, 10:59 AM

I have this friend... He's... Got a really tough life. And he's not my friend, he's my BEST friend... Like a brother. Closer than that. He says I'm his best friend, but naturally I'm not sure - we BOTH have MAJOR trust issues. We've both been treated like shit enough to know, trusting people is the key to being broken. Anyways, he... cut himself. He's suicidal. I NEED HELP!! He thinks no one cares! He doesn't believe me when I say he means A LOT to me... I don't know what to do

Andy Biersack

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: My friend... - April 9th 2013, 11:42 AM

If it gets bad, tell an adult. And if he's really, scarily suicidal, don't leave him alone....And if wants to talk or rant, let him. Try googling it; there are a bunch of websites that have better advice for this. I hope it works out. Good luck!
I'll pray for him.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: My friend... - April 10th 2013, 02:40 AM

Definitely keep reassuring him. That you're there for him. You care about him. Have him talk to you about his feelings so he can get it all off his chest and feel better. Definitely tell him because you care about him you need to tell an adult. You care about him enough you need to make sure he's safe. Better safe then sorry. He might be mad at first but it's the right thing to do. You can't deal with it all on your own. You can be there for him as a friend but you can't be his sole support system. Hang in there though. You're doing the right thing.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: My friend... - April 10th 2013, 03:41 AM

Hi, Alana.

Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about what your friend's going through. I know how hard it can be to see a friend go through so much pain.

You say he cut himself and he's suicidal? Just to be clear, you didn't mean he's suicidal JUST because he cut himself, right? Because when someone self-harms then it doesn't necessarily mean they're suicidal.

The best thing you can is to let him know you're there for him. Sit down with him and listen to his thoughts and feelings. Sometimes all people need to know is that someone cares and is listening. Tell him he can call you if he needs someone to talk to, or visit him and see how he's feeling. Make him a bracelet or something to show you care, send him a letter of inspiring quotes in the mail hand-written so it's more personal and caring.

Maybe recommend TeenHelp to him? Or give him the number to a suicide hotline? Mainly, it'd be a good idea if you recommend he talks to someone and reaches out to someone like his parents or the school counselor.

If he's suicidal and it gets too out of hand then it's really important that you let an adult know. Such as his parents, or go to the school counselor. If he makes a suicidal threat such as "I'm ending it tonight" or "goodbye" then call 911 and direct them to his house, quick. If you go to his parents or the school, he may be upset but it could save his life and make a positive impact on him in the long run. So don't be afraid to if you're scared for him.

I hope your friend feels better. And hey, remember to take care of yourself too, okay? You aren't responsible for how he's feeling. Take care. <3

Closed Thread