TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Vicslily013 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My only friend thought I was faking it - April 15th 2015, 12:51 PM

I had this only friend who was really nice to me at first and supported me when I told her I had depression. But now she just thinks that I'm acting like I need help for attention. But I'm not acting and I don't tell her I want to end it because I want to check if she cares. It's because my life is so miserable and pointless that every second of it hurts. And I don't want it to be that way.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: My only friend thought I was faking it - April 17th 2015, 04:29 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear things are down for you right now. I have to say that your friend may just be in denial? Maybe they're scared they may truly lose you, and scared to admit it. I can tell you that life can suck at times, but it does come back up. I am living proof to this. My life has hit rock bottom a couple times it seemed like, but slowly they bounced back. Hang in there okay? And have you talked to anyone about your depression besides your friend? Counselor? Parents? Other relatives? It's important to talk about things that bother or hurt you. I know it's scary, but in the end it releases things and can even help find a solution. If you ever need to talk my PMs and VMs are always open okay?

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: My only friend thought I was faking it - April 17th 2015, 06:32 AM

Hey

Maybe, like Bre said above, your friend is in denial right now, and is scared she may actually lose you? I have a friend doing that to me a bit right now, so I understand sorta how you feel. Maybe you could talk to someone else about it? Hang in there sweetheart Feel free to PM when if you ever need someone to talk to

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: My only friend thought I was faking it - April 17th 2015, 06:49 AM

Depression is unfortunately still something which is very misunderstood by many people, even in 2015. I'm sure if you have a nice talk with her and explain your side of things - that the way you are feeling is real, how difficult it is to live with and how much you appreciate her support - it may help in improving things between the two of you. Best of luck.

Closed Thread