TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Very suicidal - May 3rd 2015, 01:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am feeling very suicidal at the moment, can't seem to do everything right for anyone and I don't feel like I am a good enough daughter. I feel worthless, useless and I am always feeling tired and very down. I have to self harm just to feel something because I feel so numb. I feel lost, alone and confused.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
pre Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Very suicidal - May 3rd 2015, 02:53 PM

I have been through the same phase as before, so I know what you are going through. May be there are many problems or complications that you are not able to solve, but remember that no bad time lasts. If you are not having solution today, you will have tomorrow. Just be strong, have faith and keep positive attitude. Decide where do you want to head to. And keep that as a goal and start afresh. Clear your confusion.

Once you feel productive, feelings of worthlessness will go away.

You may feel irritate or to snap at everyone, but that's just because of the stress. Once you start living happily,these habits will fade away.

Stop harming yourself, it will hurt those who love you.

Remember that running away from problems isn't the solution. Stand up and face it.
Take good care of yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Very suicidal - May 3rd 2015, 09:03 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Why do you feel you are not a good daughter? Try not to put so much pressure on yourself and try to focus on being happy for you. Best wishes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Very suicidal - May 4th 2015, 07:00 PM

Hey there,

I am so sorry you're going through such a rough patch. You don't deserve to be going through this.

Suicide isn't going to make things better. Its going to turn everything into nothing and that's not nice. Its not the right way out. You DESERVE to have a life and a happy one and as hard as things are for you right now, things can get better, you can be happier and you can have a good future. Have you ever set yourself life worth living goals? Like mine are getting married and having children, learning to drive, doing volunteer work, going to university etc. They've really helped me to stay focused at times because they're things that make my life worth fighting for, you know? Maybe that would be something good for you to do. It might not work for you but it's worth the shot.

Self harming doesn't actually help. It only helps for a few seconds, maybe minutes, and then it all comes flooding back. All that sadness, depression, anxiety etc. So finding distractions and alternatives to self harm is a really good idea and you can find some in the self harm forum which might be worth taking a look at. I know things like writing, reading, helping people, going for walks, shopping, etc make me feel a lot better so its just finding what helps you really. But you can beat the urges. Why? Because they're just urges. You're in control of them. They aren't in control of you okay?

And lastly, remember you aren't alone in this. One, we're here and Im sure you have friends and family who you can talk to or who would want to be there for you, support you and help you through this rough patch that you are going through. Don't be afraid to reach out for help.

You can do this so keep at it and stay fighting.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bleachedout Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Very suicidal - May 5th 2015, 05:19 AM

You can do it. Message me if you want to talk or need a friend. I believe we can do this together!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Very suicidal - May 6th 2015, 10:57 AM

Thanks guys, I'm feeling a little better today but still feeling quite down. I don't feel like a good enough daughter because my mum doesn't actually treat me like one. She treats me like dirt and then puts me down because of my weight and such and then accuses me of seeing my ex when I barely go anywhere and its because of her why I never go anywhere. I'm sure she has people following me, because she knew exactly who I was meeting up with last week, she shouldn't have people following me, I have never been meeting my ex and nor do I intend to after all the crap he caused.
I feel like I'm not part of the family, even my Aunty and all of my mum's side of the family treat me like dirt.I'm sick of it but I try to block it all out. Self harm is a big part of my life again but I am trying to quit again.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Very suicidal - May 6th 2015, 11:49 PM

I'm sorry things between you and your family are so strained, but try to remember that sometimes the way people treat us isn't a reflection of who we actually are. Unfortunately, many folks do not appreciate the good people in their lives.

I'm sorry to hear you are self-harming. I hope you are able to overcome it, as that would be a terrible thing to deal with on top everything else you are going through. Take care and I wish you well.

Closed Thread