TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
asdnasa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ginger Ale

Exclamation Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 11th 2015, 11:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello Everyone,
My name is Alex, I came to teen help in a desperate search for people that could help me with my problems. My first issue is my diagnosis with Insomnia. I mainly can't sleep because of anxiety, nervousness and just other stuff like that. I feel like the everybody at my school is the same, and that all boys like sports, all girls dress the same, etcetera. These are just stereotypes. However I am stuck between thinking I am a boy with a girl mind or I am just a homosexual. I don't believe I am, but many people, including my family say I behave, talk, act, and think like a girl. Of course this is has been very discouraging, but Im beginning to believe this. One example is I don't have any friends I don't talk to boys I don't have any social groups, I don't even like any other thing that a typical boy .would like in my school. Im just really confused. Plus, when I attempt to sleep at night, which i can't i keep thinking about this girl whom I find attractive. I take an interest in theoretical physics and cosmology, yet no one in my school seems to be also interested in those. I just feel alone really. Ive been thinking of suicide lately but I just don't know what the best way to do it will be?
Can you guys give me any ideas for what I could do to kill myself? I thought of [Edited]. [Edited] I would really appreciate a painless option. Im going to leave a will on my bed when I do it, so I don't want any blood.

Thanks,
good luck to those people that were born for a reason.

Last edited by Celyn; August 12th 2015 at 09:52 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 12th 2015, 10:03 AM

Hey there,

I've moved this to Depression and Suicide as I feel it fits better here. We can't give suicide methods here and that's why I also edited your post.

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through and how you are feeling. But suicide is not the answer. You could try checking out our hotlines, here. Do you have anyone you trust that you could talk to? If not, is it possible to talk to a school counsellor? It's really important that you get help and keep fighting to overcome this. We are always here for you too, and if you would prefer anonymous, confidential help, feel free to use HelpLINK or Live Help.

Stay strong. You deserve so much more

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 12th 2015, 10:07 AM

I think that everyone goes through a period where they will question themselves at times. But i reassure you, there will be people like you around. Take the initiative to get to know them, understand them and not think too much bout what's happening. Everyone goes through tough periods at times. But the most important line to remember is that everything happens for a reason. This will make you stronger, and i reassure you that you will eventually find companionship, love and friendship.

No one is destined to be alone. You will be happy.. and you're loved. You're so loved. Don't think too much bout whether being homosexual or the way you are is wrong.. everyone is the way they are, and everyone deserves happiness.

We will always be here to support you, and you deserve so much better than this. STAY SAFE AND NO HURTING/KILLING YOURSELF. If you want a friend or someone to rant to , i'll always be here too.

hugs!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 12th 2015, 03:26 PM

I know that life is sooooo difficult sometimes but keep fighting. Keep living and be the best you can possibly be. It doesn't matter what people at school say or what your family says about you. Keep your head held high and never give up. Life is a gift so don't waste it. People I know, care about you and they would be petrified if you commited suicide. You are loved and cared for. I promise that it will get better for you, but you have to live in order for you to see the beauty of it. I know that someone out there is willing to help you. Just give it time and please don't kill yourself. Seek help because it's worth living. You have a reason to be here and it would change the lives of loved ones if you leave. It would change everything.

Stay safe and never give up. Show the world what incredible things you are capable of.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 12th 2015, 07:03 PM

Walk or drive to the nearest hospital and ask them what to do.
Hang in there bud, it gets better. Being a teen sucks.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 13th 2015, 01:50 AM

Hey there,

No one here is going to give you suicide methods. I know that is what you are looking for but things can improve for you.

Firstly, have you spoken to a doctor about your insomnia? If not then you might want to consider doing this because they might be able to help you find a medication that helps you get to sleep. I struggle with sleeping too but I recently started taking a medication for my anxiety and I have had an easier time falling asleep. I still tend to fall asleep later then most people but I haven't had as many days/nights where I don't get any sleep at all. Sometimes medication can be necessary to work through things like insomnia.

There are a number of people who struggle with the feeling of not fitting in. I used to struggle with that quite a bit. I am a girl but I am not the least bit girly and I don't tend to act like a girl very often. I guess I would be classified as more of a tomboy. This was always an issue for me because in high school I felt like I stuck out a lot. While most the people I knew were obsessing about boys and make up I was worry about other things. I ended up finding a group of people that were similar to me and I started hanging out with them. Do you feel like you want to be social? If so then look into clubs that might interest you on campus. There might be a club that fits your needs and it might help you work on finding a social group. If you don't want to be social but feel you should because your family makes comments I would suggest that you keep doing what you are doing. You should never feel pressure to act a certain way just because others feel you should.

As for the girl you find attractive, would you ever try and talk to her? I know that this might be difficult but it might be a good learning experience. Sometimes opening yourself up to things like this can be good.

If you are going to hurt yourself I suggest you tell someone about it. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents about it then I suggest you talk to another trusted adult or go to the hospital and get help from the doctors and nurses there. I know that suicide can seem like a really good option but life has a way of turning around when you least expect it. I would hate for you to miss out on it turning around because you harmed yourself.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck. If you ever want to chat please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 14th 2015, 02:57 AM

I'm sorry you are so confused and depressed at the moment, but there are help and answers available for what you are dealing with. Many other people deal with the feelings you are experiencing and you are definitely not alone. Thankfully, this is also a different time and society in general is far more open-minded in regard to those struggling with gender identity. I sincerely hope that you explore the options available to you.

You also spoke of your issues with insomnia. Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing and we often are not in our proper state of mind when lacking rest, so I hope you do not make an extreme decision in regard to harming yourself when you are not thinking clearly. Perhaps you can speak to a physician in regard to help with this matter.

In any event, suicide is not the solution to everything you are dealing with. Best wishes.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Advice on Method For Suicide I Have Nothing To Live For - August 17th 2015, 06:49 PM

Hey there,

I'm not gona repeat what's already been said.
Life sucks, especially when you are a teenager, but it get's better. I'm pretty sure you've heard it enough already and don't belive it (at least i didn't) but it really does.

Anyway I wanted to leave my two cents on your request.
There is no painless way to die.
Trust me, I've done my research and even those that seem to be painless actually hurt quiet a lot.
Also most ways will leave a mess and if you don't leave a mess dieing, then the police and emergency people will, because they will defintely be called.
There is no clean and painless way to die.
Dieing is hard. Suicide even harder.
You would be best of, to talk to a doctor, someone at the hospital, or anyone, really. The others already gave you some good ideas.

Hang in there and if you ever want to talk to someone feel free to pm me. I may not be able to give much advice but I will always have an open ear.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

Closed Thread