TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LonePhoenix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I HATE being ugly - June 2nd 2016, 05:55 AM

I'm 18 and all my life I've been considered to be an ugly guy. At school, I got bullied a lot mostly because of how I look. People would literally laugh at me for how I look. Sometimes random people would tell me that I'm weird looking. I don't think there are many positives about how I look. No one ever compliments me outside of people in my family. No girls have ever approached me romantically and I've been single all my life. Every time I take pictures of myself, my face always looks weird and distorted. Every time I see an attractive person, I feel jealous and resentful because I know that they probably never had to deal with the hardships and pain that I had to all because of my face. I absolutely HATE how I look. I'd change how I looked in a heartbeat if I could. There are no upsides to being ugly, none at all. You get treated worse, people make fun of you, and you're ignored by the general population. I hate that I had to be subjected to bullying just because of how I happen to look. I hate that no girls are interested in me because of my ugliness. I hate that there's nothing that I can do about it and that I have to live the rest of my life this way. You can say that it's the inside that counts but that's not true. I'm not a bad person, and people always make fun of me for my outside appearance. Sorry for the ranting but just typing about this makes me angry. My self-esteem is low and I feel ugly every single day.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lauren02 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 4th 2016, 06:03 PM

you said yourself youre not bad as a person so thats good
id like a handsome boy but its nothing if he turns out to be mean, so what im trying to say is theres stuff that matters more than how you look, you just need to find more people who know that and then you can feel better when you have more people who like you just for WHO you are
i hope that makes sense?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wesley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wesley Tucker

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 4th 2016, 06:04 PM

Your not ugly, stay strong, ily <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 5th 2016, 06:39 AM

Hey there. I just wanted to tell you to keep your head up. You're in a tough situation right now and there's a lot of nasty people around you... But please know that life will go on. I promise!! It sounds like a cliche and sounds like BS but I swear it's true. You're never stuck in one spot for your whole life. You'll move on, meet other people, and you have so many amazing moments ahead of you. Don't put too much energy into these idiots who are bullying you for your looks. There's a ton of people in this world who will not judge you for your looks, and you'll find them. For now, keep moving forward man and do your best!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 5th 2016, 10:30 AM

Man,
you're 18. Often, no one pays you compliments because they are insecure, nothing bout you. Also, assume you're ugly (which i doubt), build a sparkling personality. I believe someone with a great personality seems better looking than someone who is a douche.
Try it out. You'll find someone who accepts you for you

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 5th 2016, 02:29 PM

Hello

I feel sorry for those people who make fun of your appearance, because they're missing out on the sweet, awesome person within and it's not worth thinking bout those who take you for granted. They will regret not talking to you and they will regret judging you and making you feel as if you're not worth their attention, when it's them who aren't worth your attention.

Perhaps it would be better to mix around in new circles where you'll get to slowly get to meet people who will appreciate you and care for you regardless of your physical appearances. You're a special person in your own right and whatever your physical qualities are, facial features... body shape... whatever those are, none of those can detract from how things really are : You're a sweet , nice little blessing and its time you knew that.

Some people might hate, but its those who love who matter. Love, respect and appreciate people... that way, people will love, respect and appreciate you too..... its a positive cycle and it'll help you get over that negative self-hate of yours which I'm sure is something you're sick of.. best to start loving yourself because frankly, your heart is big and I'm sure that you're a blessing.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
LonePhoenix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 6th 2016, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Hello

I feel sorry for those people who make fun of your appearance, because they're missing out on the sweet, awesome person within and it's not worth thinking bout those who take you for granted. They will regret not talking to you and they will regret judging you and making you feel as if you're not worth their attention, when it's them who aren't worth your attention.

Perhaps it would be better to mix around in new circles where you'll get to slowly get to meet people who will appreciate you and care for you regardless of your physical appearances. You're a special person in your own right and whatever your physical qualities are, facial features... body shape... whatever those are, none of those can detract from how things really are : You're a sweet , nice little blessing and its time you knew that.

Some people might hate, but its those who love who matter. Love, respect and appreciate people... that way, people will love, respect and appreciate you too..... its a positive cycle and it'll help you get over that negative self-hate of yours which I'm sure is something you're sick of.. best to start loving yourself because frankly, your heart is big and I'm sure that you're a blessing.
Thanks for all the nice words. It's very hard to remain positive when you've consistently been treated like crap just because of something I can't even control. People who didn't even know me have made fun of how I looked before. I'm always nice to people, that's not a problem for me. I'm trying to build up my self-esteem but it's hard when you constantly have memories of people putting you down.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 6th 2016, 05:46 AM

I know exactly how you feel.
The simplest way to get over it is fake it till you amke it.
It'll come with time
You're an awesome person, and I'm sure it will get better

(#9 (permalink)) Old
LonePhoenix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 6th 2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
Man,
you're 18. Often, no one pays you compliments because they are insecure, nothing bout you. Also, assume you're ugly (which i doubt), build a sparkling personality. I believe someone with a great personality seems better looking than someone who is a douche.
I don't really think it's about them being insecure, people have been calling me ugly since I was about 10. Whether I have a good or bad personality, the first thing people always see about me is that I'm ugly on the outside and that's what I get judged on.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lauren02 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Re: I HATE being ugly - June 6th 2016, 02:49 PM

true friends dont mind
i wasnt ever what people call ugly but i have good friends that if something happened to me then they would still be ok with me
but that guys right really as older people will be more mature then teenagers
i have people at school who tbh are better just ignored

Closed Thread