TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crazylaz123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel really depressed - July 28th 2016, 06:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I think I won't be able to live like this much longer.
I'm 17 and I've been suffering from depression for about 2 years now.I have no friends at all and have problems with my family.My parents are constantly arguing and don't really pay much attention to me,I just feel like nobody loves me or needs me anymore.I haven't tried to kill myself yet,but I've seriously considered it many time.It just seems like the best cure for all my pain.

I've never had a girlfriend or a real friend so I don't really know how it feels like to be loved and to have someone who really care about you.I have no one to talk to and tell them how I feel.I've tried to ask for professional help but my parents say it's just a waste of money!

I've often been bullied by my peers for my looks.They would mock me about my hair because I was the only kid who had blonde hair in the class.They insult me almost every day and I can't stand this anymore!

I tried to think life will get better,but it just won't !I wish I just had some to talk to,who would listen to me and give me some advice.At the moment,suicide seems like the only solution.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I feel really depressed - July 29th 2016, 12:23 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like this. You are not alone though. We here at TeenHelp are always here if you need to talk. My inbox, and many others, are always open to you if you ever need to talk, vent, or need advice. Please don't hesitate to send me a message!

Depression can really suck the life out of you, and make you feel like suicide is only the way out, but it really isn't. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know that is said a lot, but only because it is very very true. Right now you're seventeen, still in school, and live with your parents. In five years, your life is going to change dramatically. You will be out of school, and on the way to living life independently if you're not already. I also really struggled with depression during my time in high school. It was awful and I often times thought about suicide a lot but things have gotten so much better for me since being outside of high school. Sure, I had a bumpy ride getting started and it was difficult, but I got there eventually and I am 100% positive that you can too. Please don't give up hope. I want to give you some links to a few things that I think might be beneficial when you are struggling and don't have anyone immediately to help you.

This is a list of reasons to live - I often times look at this when I'm really struggling because it has so many great reasons that you don't always think about. It's always a good little reminder.

And then this link is a list of hotlines that are available to you to use. I only recently started using the hotlines and it can be scary, but there are text ones and online chatrooms that are available 24/7 to you through a lot of these resources. They can help a lot. They will listen and offer any advice that possibly can. I really really suggest using them if you ever feel suicidal or need someone to talk to. And you can also use our Live Help system or our HelpLINK System through the site as well.

I feel your pain with not feeling very loved. I've never had a boyfriend either. and I had no friends in High School. I was very lonely. I felt very isolated from everyone and very unloved. But again, you're 17 and you're almost there! You will be out of school before you know it, and look at me...I'm almost 20 and I haven't had a significant other. You're not alone in that and just because you don't have someone like that doesn't make you unloved.

I also want to encourage you to get involved at your school. I'm sorry to hear that many of your classmates were unkind and made fun of you for your hair. To be honest, teenagers can be extremely cruel and sometimes we have absolutely no control over that. But that doesn't make you any less then them. If anything, that puts them below you. I think you should reach out to others though. Have you ever thought of joining any clubs or any activities at your school? This is not only a great way to make friends with your peers, but also give you an outlet to express yourself and get you out of your depression. I find working out to be really beneficial for myself, but it's different for everyone.

I want to commend you for looking into professional help. It took me four years to seek it, and my parents were very much like yours and didn't want to do much. Have you gone to your counselor at your school at all to talk about what is going on your life, with your family, peers, and the thoughts of suicide? I think that would be very helpful and they are there to help you and find resources for you. They might even be able to talk to your parents to let them see that this is worth the money to make sure you are healthy and okay. Because you deserve the help and support. No matter what.

Suicide can seem appealing. It can seem like a way out. but that ruins your chances of ever getting out on the other side, to see that your life can be good and meaningful. Don't throw that chance away. You're young, and have so much ahead of you to be happy and healthy.

Again, I want to remind you my inbox is always open if you ever want to talk or just need a friend.

Stay strong,
Lauren

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I feel really depressed - July 29th 2016, 02:02 AM

Hello.

I know that the people who don't talk to you are missing out on a really great person, so it's their loss. Not yours.. and tell you a secret, people who make fun of others are usually just jealous of what that other person have that they don't so don't ever discount yourself. The fact that they're doing this to you means that you clearly have something they don't. I feel that you need to change your environment. Perhaps another school, or perhaps joining a different social group might yield better results. There's no point trying to talk to people who don't appreciate you because all they'll do is take you for granted.

You should also try out more new things that pique your interests, and those will also lead to you meeting more people, and perhaps also lead to more friends. When there's a will, there's a away. Don't give up on yourself, because there's plenty of positive , strong things about you. The only problem that your negativity prevents you from seeing what's good about yourself.

You've got a friend right here, and I promise that things are only going to get better from here on out. You're a miracle in your own right... if only you believed in yourself more

Trust me on this.. when I say that all those other people insult you for nothing.. it's true. They got no idea just how special you are.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fallenmoon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel really depressed - July 29th 2016, 05:36 PM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry that you're feeling like this. It seems to be that you have a lot of similar problems that I have and probably many others. I just want you to realize that you're not alone no matter how many times you tell yourself just that. My inbox, and so many others, are always open if you need someone to talk/vent to and if you need a friend.

I've also suffered with depression for a long time and I know how much it can suck the life out of you. It can make you feel as if ending it all is the only solution but that's never the case. You're only 17 and you have such a long and meaningful life ahead of you, a life you're so deserving of living. I know how hard it is to realize this, but what you're feeling now is only temporary and one day when you're truly happy, you're going to look back on this and you're going to be glad that you stayed strong. Sometimes it can be the smallest of things that keep you going and there's many of them. The list that Callisto posted is a great link to go to and it also helped me a lot when I'm struggling.

I also feel your pain with feeling unloved and having family problems. I've never had a boyfriend either and neither do I have any true friends. I know how lonely this leaves you and how much it can make you isolate yourself. Never have I once felt loved or cared for by someone important and that tears me down everyday but I promise you that just because you don't have that feeling now and people are treating you with such disrespect, doesn't mean it will be that way your whole life. The place you're at right now, living with your parents and such is definitely not the place for you and you deserve to feel so much more than you are now. People are missing out on such an amazing person and that's their loss, not yours. Green Yoshi is totally right..they only feel the need to bring you down because they know you have something they don't. They're not happy with their own life so they feel the need to bring you down to their level which is totally messed up and you deserve absolutely none of it. You deserve to be appreciated and treated like the amazing person you are. You're 17 so you're almost there and once you are there, you can adjust your life to the way that pleases you the most and hopefully you can move to a more positive environment with people that see nothing but the good in you and who can make you truly happy. I promise you that you'll get there because you deserve it and you're way above those who were disrespecting you and you're bound to come out on top.

You have such an amazing, healthy and meaningful life ahead of you and the world would lose an incredible person if you chose the wrong path. It may seem appealing now, but a few steps down the right road and your life will change for the better. I can't promise you enough. You have so many people on teenhelp who will help you down that road and I'l always be here to be one of them.

Never hesitate to message me if you need a friend or simply just someone to talk/vent to. You're worth so much more than you think and you deserve to think that of yourself. You're so special and before you know it, you'll find people who see just that in you and look, you already have many on here who see that. Stay strong, okay? It'll all be worth it in the long run. I promise.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount2

Edit avatar

Re: I feel really depressed - July 31st 2016, 02:21 AM

Hey. i know its hard to deal with pain like that. ive dealt with depression and suicidal thoughts too. I can assure u that suicide is never the answer and im sure uve been told that before or at least have heard that from someone.
Ill be here for u if u need to talk, u can pm me.
As for getting professional help, it is definitely not a waste of money. Are u still in school? if so u could maybe go to a school counselor. They will help u for sure.
Help IS available somewhere and u need to get it ASAP. i understand that parents can be a problem. Maybe if u write out the reasons u feel that u should seek that kind of help, and make urself very clear they might be able to understand.
i know its difficult to do and it might not feel like it will help. maybe it wont, but also maybe it will.
one thing that really helped me when i was in deep depression was having a hobby that kept my mind busy and that i really enjoyed so i forgot about the things i didnt enjoy in life for hours. For me, that was songwriting and i inspired a lot of people.
i never got professional help bc my parents didnt want me to either. things got better for me and i know they will for u too. but u have to stay alive to watch it get better.
im always here for u if u ever need anything. Just reach out and stay strong. i believe in u.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Re: I feel really depressed - July 31st 2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylaz123 View Post
I think I won't be able to live like this much longer.
I'm 17 and I've been suffering from depression for about 2 years now.I have no friends at all and have problems with my family.My parents are constantly arguing and don't really pay much attention to me,I just feel like nobody loves me or needs me anymore.I haven't tried to kill myself yet,but I've seriously considered it many time.It just seems like the best cure for all my pain.

I've never had a girlfriend or a real friend so I don't really know how it feels like to be loved and to have someone who really care about you.I have no one to talk to and tell them how I feel.I've tried to ask for professional help but my parents say it's just a waste of money!

I've often been bullied by my peers for my looks.They would mock me about my hair because I was the only kid who had blonde hair in the class.They insult me almost every day and I can't stand this anymore!

I tried to think life will get better,but it just won't !I wish I just had some to talk to,who would listen to me and give me some advice.At the moment,suicide seems like the only solution.
I'm sure your parents still love you. Talk to them when they're apart, talk to one first then the other.

Talk about your feelings with a school therapist. Your life may be rough but realize that it's chemical and situational. Teens get a raw deal, I had a rough teenage set of years.

Eventually things will get better
Dude I'm single too, granted I have had girlfriends but I don't think I've ever truly been in love.

If you feel you need mental health help too, tell your doctor.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Chris2547 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel really depressed - August 10th 2016, 04:51 AM

Hi Laz

You send you don't really know how it feels to really be loved. So to help you, fuck, I'm going to describe it to you. It is shared understanding.

This is very important, do not commit suicide. You are only seventeen, still young, so you have plenty of time to fuckin grow, into an adult.

Closed Thread