TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not the average teeange girl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adri

Unhappy Breaking on the Inside - May 19th 2009, 05:58 AM

Lately i've been getting better, but these past few days i feel like im being pushed away by people i love. i feel like they dont care enough to listen anymore. i stopped self harming myself, but i feel like i want to go back to it because i feel like its the only way to get my anger/feelings out.
adn because of them pushing me away, i feel like no one needs me in their life. i do have depression, but like i finally started building self confidence up and getting myself back up on my feet, but it seems to have all gone away becasue of this..i feel like everything i know is going away and it wont come back.

I want to fly away like a little girl again.
I want to believe in the things i once did.
Ride on the swings,
let the breeze fly through my hair.
Ah, the kid ages.

Send a message via AIM to leftinthedarkXxX  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 19th 2009, 06:10 AM

You just have to hang in their and have faith that things will get better. Plus, i'm sure people aren't meaning to push you away. You should try talking to them and see where that gets you. Just keep strong. Good things come in time. When one door shuts, another one one opens. have faith

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 19th 2009, 10:27 PM

you know, sometimes in life it seems that way. but there's one quote i can say:

after you hit your low, the only way left is up.

i know you can get through this you have to talk to those realllly close to you that you can confide in. sometimes people are busy and yeah... but the truth is.. those who are close and care for you , never actually leave

i'm going to stay by and support you through this. you hear?

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 19th 2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenboy! View Post
after you hit your low, the only way left is up.
That's some great advice right there, and I couldn't agree more.
I know you feel as if you've hit a low point in life right now, but things can only get better. Why is it that you feel people are pushing you away from from their lives? Have you tried to talk to the people who are making you feel this way? Maybe it's not their intention to make you feel the way they seem to be. I can assure you that people do want and need you in their lives. You sound like a lovely person, judging by the few times I've talked to you. Everyone is needed for one reason or other in the world, and in others lives. I wouldn't be so fast to assume that you're not needed in life. I can promise you that you are :] The people that are worth it in your life, they'll never push you away, they'll stick by your side no matter what happens. Those are the people that you should care and be concerned about - and I bet you any money that there at least a few people like that already in your life. It just might not always seem like it. I believe you can get through this If you ever need to talk, I'm always willing to listen.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not the average teeange girl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adri

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 20th 2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
That's some great advice right there, and I couldn't agree more.
I know you feel as if you've hit a low point in life right now, but things can only get better. Why is it that you feel people are pushing you away from from their lives? Have you tried to talk to the people who are making you feel this way? Maybe it's not their intention to make you feel the way they seem to be. I can assure you that people do want and need you in their lives. You sound like a lovely person, judging by the few times I've talked to you. Everyone is needed for one reason or other in the world, and in others lives. I wouldn't be so fast to assume that you're not needed in life. I can promise you that you are :] The people that are worth it in your life, they'll never push you away, they'll stick by your side no matter what happens. Those are the people that you should care and be concerned about - and I bet you any money that there at least a few people like that already in your life. It just might not always seem like it. I believe you can get through this If you ever need to talk, I'm always willing to listen.
i have talked to them, and they never anwser me.
i have no idea if im doing anything or not. its really scaring me.
ive lost too many people in my life and i cant afford to lose anybody else, or ill be all alone.
not even my parents i trust, or talk to.
and right now cutting just seems like the only way out

I want to fly away like a little girl again.
I want to believe in the things i once did.
Ride on the swings,
let the breeze fly through my hair.
Ah, the kid ages.

Send a message via AIM to leftinthedarkXxX  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 20th 2009, 04:04 AM

Hey Adri,

I'm really sorry that people are being so distant right now. Sometimes, it's okay to gives friends a little nudge and be like "hey, we haven't talked much lately, what's up?" Or however you'd phrase that. It's a polite but still direct if nonchalant wake-up call.

And sweetie, please take care of yourself. There are always other options besides self-harming. That self-confidence that you mentioned earlier, that's great! Maybe whenever you feel like SHing, you could try writing down all the reasons why you deserve to get that self-confidence back again and all the strong points about you that can help build you back up to it.

Just a suggestion

Hang in there, sweetie. And hey, feel free to PM me anytime; I'm always here (well, sometimes I might be physically away from my computer, but you get what I mean) to talk

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Breaking on the Inside - May 20th 2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftinthedarkXxX View Post
i have talked to them, and they never anwser me.
i have no idea if im doing anything or not. its really scaring me.
ive lost too many people in my life and i cant afford to lose anybody else, or ill be all alone.
not even my parents i trust, or talk to.
and right now cutting just seems like the only way out
Adri, you're never alone. There's always going to be people here to support you, and who will never leave your side. And those people are the people who are truly worth it in life. The people that shove you away and walk away from you when you need them, they're worth only one thing - nothing. I know it's really hard to see things that way, but the people who don't stick by your side when you need them aren't worth your time, and never were to begin with. Besides, your a strong person, and you can get by without people like that in your life.

Self harm is not the only way out of this, simply because it's not a way out at all. How do you feel, after you've self harmed? Do you feel as if everything is now resolved, as if it will never hurt again? Or does it only add to the confusion, does it only make you feel worse off when tomorrow comes? I could be wrong, but I'd guess that self harm does not make these feelings go away in the long run.

You're never without people who care. You've always got people who care, and I'm one of them, amongst many others. And that's not changing, so you don't have to worry about being alone

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread