TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Staff On Leave

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Depressed. - September 6th 2016, 03:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am feeling depressed right now and I am not sure why...... It comes and goes and I can never figure out exactly why I am feeling down. Sometimes it gets to the point where I want to SH but I know that if I do I am giving up all the time I been clean. I want it so bad but I know that I shouldn't.

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
"Now don't lose your fight kid
Not a n00b

Name: Destiny/Alex(ander)

Re: Depressed. - September 6th 2016, 04:42 AM

Try to stay strong, Junior. I know what it's like. If you ever feel down you can PM me and talk about it. I'm here for ya.

Keep holding on. xXrawrXx
  Send a message via Yahoo to beautiful_mystery Send a message via Skype™ to beautiful_mystery 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Insomniac Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ash

Re: Depressed. - September 7th 2016, 10:01 AM

Hey there!

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way and I want you to know that we are all here for you no matter what. Recognizing your feelings is very important, especially when you are feeling down.

Any chance you are seeing a therapist? I always recommend talking to a mental health professional, especially when the feelings often come and go. I also suggest talking to loved ones who can help support you when you are feeling down. Having a strong support system can really help change your mindset and will also give you people to talk to during times of crisis.

In regards to self-harm, have you tried writing in a journal when you feel this way? Perhaps getting the thoughts down on paper will help you release these unwanted feelings. There are many other healthy methods of release (examples: working out, talking to loved ones/friends, reading, listening to music, going outside, watching tv/movies, etc.) that work to distract your brain from thoughts of self-harm.

If you have any questions/concerns or if you would like to talk, feel free to private message me! If you are having serious thoughts of suicide/self-harm I recommend calling a hotline to receive immediate help.

Stay strong. I promise life gets better and we are all here for you until it does.
-Ash

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Depressed. - September 7th 2016, 10:07 AM

i'm here for ya too.. and if you wanna talk.. you can pm me. Don't hesitate and come to me anytime..

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Staff On Leave

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: Depressed. - September 7th 2016, 03:47 PM

Thank you everyone for being there! I am feeling better today.

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread