TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lilvamp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy i almost walked in front of a car - September 8th 2016, 05:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know why, I just did it. I was walking home and I just started walking along the road, just walking, and then a car came round the corner and for a moment I considered just not getting out of the way, but I did get off the road, but now I feel really strange like I'm not really here...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Insomniac Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ash

Re: i almost walked in front of a car - September 8th 2016, 06:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I'm glad that you are still here with us. Before I go any further I want to remind you that you can always talk to someone in times of need.

Did anything in particular set you off? Did you have a bad day or was it an impulsive desire to walk in front of a car? Knowing why you wanted to do something will help you identify the problem. Have you talked to anyone (besides TH) about your thoughts/feelings? Even if you think it was only an impulsive feeling it is best to seek professional help. Talking to a loved one about the situation will enable them to give you the help you deserve,

In the meantime have you considered writing out your feelings in a journal? Revisiting the day's events can help you identify potential triggers as well as point out times when you felt depressed/suicidal. This journal can also be used later on to give your therapist/counselor an idea on what is going on.

I want to remind you that you are not alone. Your life is worth living, no matter how bad the circumstances may seem, there is always a safe way out. I understand that you may be shaken up right now (and rightfully so) and because of this may need to find a distraction for the time being. I recommend relaxing by doing something you love (ex. read, write, watch tv, play video games, take a nap, etc.) until you feel comfortable enough to discuss today's events with an adult and/or mental health professional.

Remember, we are always here for you. If you continue feeling suicidal you can always call the suicide hotline. If you want to talk further feel free to PM me, I am always willing to talk about whatever. Most importantly, stay safe.

Stay strong,
Ash

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: i almost walked in front of a car - September 8th 2016, 06:17 PM

I am sorry things are so hard for you right now. Suicide is not the answer as said previously I think that you should talk to a counselor or call a Suicide Hotline because it does sound like you are going through a lot. You should seek help from a professional

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread