TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 5th 2016, 05:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Is this the end for me? I'm sorta losing my enthusiasm for a lot of things... and I'm kinda broken.

Help.. I need comfort, tenderness and the knowledge that someone is here for me..

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 5th 2016, 06:46 PM

Hey there,

I understand the feeling of losing interest in things that once made you happy. It's a bit of a crappy thing to feel yourself slipping futher away from those things, but it's definitely not the end for you at all! There are plenty of reasons why we may start to lose enthusiasm for things, but there's nothing to stop you attempting to rekindle that happiness and enthusiasm, through sharing these activities with people who make you happy, or taking a short break from them, and starting again a while later. On the other hand, try taking up a new hobby! You could find that you've simply grown apart from that particular area of interest and that it's time to eplore your other options. Maybe take up a whole new area of interest - start a new book or eplore new areas around where you live, start running or going to the gym, or even pick up a new craft and build on your abilities there!

Don't give up on yourself! It's a common problem, and I know it can feel really depressing to no longer find joy in things which you once loved, but perhaps it's the chance to start over and find joy in new things! Keep going, and keep your chin up!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 01:24 AM

thanks.. The problem's an entirely different matter, though..

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
thanks.. The problem's an entirely different matter, though..

Can you tell us a little more about what you're going through? That way our support and advice can be more in sync to your experiences.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 02:47 PM

I kinda am stil dealing with a broken heart due to the loss of my ex best friend due to a fallout which was my fault.. and because of that, my emotions are sealed.

I created a thread called "given up on life " which more or less kinda tells you about how I felt two months ago..

screwdriverneedsgas

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
I kinda am stil dealing with a broken heart due to the loss of my ex best friend due to a fallout which was my fault.. and because of that, my emotions are sealed.

I created a thread called "given up on life " which more or less kinda tells you about how I felt two months ago..

Ah okay, thank you for letting me know! I remember your threads, as I've replied to most of them if not all in the last two months. Given what you said in response to one of the user's replies, I thought that there was something else going on too.

I'm wondering what makes you think the user above's advice not covering the matter you're going through? I mean, that sounds like a response I could have given, so I just want to make sure I don't go off topic too.

At any rate, would you like to talk about what's been going on recently? Has anything changed for you? What have you been doing to cope? What has been working? what hadn't been?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 07:49 PM

Hey love.

I think this can happen when we feel sad, low or even depressed. I know when I feel any of these then I lose interest and joy in my normal hobbies like reading, watching a film, writing, going for walks and so on. So you say you've been heartbroken so I am assuming this is making you feel low which is then triggering you to not have interested in your normal hobbies. However sometimes activation before motivation is needed so this is where you carry on doing the things you have always done, and maybe the motivation to do them and joy from them will come soon after.

If you want to talk about how you are feeling please feel free to do so here. It's what we're here for. I do hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, never be alone.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Losing interest in things that will normally make me happy.. - October 6th 2016, 09:05 PM

Thanks so much. Actually, I just feel kinda broken.. like I have no drive to do.. anything.

In-the-Way, actually the user's advice is sorta spot on. But I'm just currently experiencing despair.. as in I'm broken, and I'm no longer who I once was.. I'll try to fight, and I'm doing my best... Not many things are working.. I'm trying to find a consistent hangout buddy to kinda spend time with.. But as of right now, I spend every day trying to not finish myself off for a promise.. If it weren't for those promises, I would definitely be in the grave for some time..

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; October 7th 2016 at 05:57 AM.

Closed Thread