TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 04:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am already kind of sick of being forced to live. I want to die, and die horribly. I want this pain to end. Her loss is too painful... and coming from someone who just wanted a good best friend to spend time with, getting that person and then losing that person is fatal. I want life to end.

I want myself to end.

Die me, die.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 04:58 AM

I know it took a lot for you to reach out the first time, and you're probably afraid of starting over with a new person and having it not help again, but you can always find a new therapist if your current one isn't helping you.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 05:01 AM

It didn't take a lot. I just want to prove a point to my parents that a therapist won't help. What I want is a best friend the way she was to me..

heh well.. I was overprotected and didn't get to mix around last time. So if I end up killing myself because of this.... I guess you could say its a bit of a lesson..

Die me, die.

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 05:03 AM

Mate,
Give it some time. And listen, yes it hurts loads. It really does. But killing yourself won't help. If not for yourself, think about parents, or friends. THey need you too. Don't give in

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 05:18 AM

I've already thought about that in some way. But its still painful .

Die me, die.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 05:44 AM

It won't work if you don't try. you're just trying to prove it won't work, so it won't.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 09:54 AM

.. it hurts a lot without her..

sigh...

screwdriverneedsgas

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 11:24 AM

I know it hurts. Use meeting the therapist as a way to move on. It'll take time, but you can do it.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 01:38 PM

I know it isn't the same as losing someone through death because she is still alive, the two of you just aren't friends anymore. But you still have a loss right now so I'm wondering if you can do something to honor her and for closure. You can write her a letter without sending it (or burning it) or light a candle to remember the friendship for what it was. Because whether it ended or not, you had a connection before that and it may help to do something special in that way.

I'm also not saying you have to do just one thing and then be over it either. I'm just saying for now, small acts may help

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 02:49 PM

Hey

So this points out to me:

Quote:
I just want to prove a point to my parents that a therapist won't help.
I am a big believer that something is only going to work if you let it, want it and work hard and it seems that with the therapy you are having, you are only allowing it not to work and working hard to prove your parents that it won't help. Maybe now is the time to actually work hard in therapy. Be honest and open, take advice and support and learn skills to manage in order for there to be a chance that having the therapy will help, instead of ensuring it won't help to prove this point.

Therapy can really help people but a person in therapy has to work hard at it too. Try to engage in it etc. This is here to help you, nothing else. And remember we're always here too.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 04:43 PM

I'm trying my best already. But the thing is that... I wanna have good friend around who I can spend a lot of time times with again. Its just extremely tough right now...

I want that friend.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 6th 2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
I'm trying my best already. But the thing is that... I wanna have good friend around who I can spend a lot of time times with again. Its just extremely tough right now...

I want that friend.
You can find that friend. But as we all have been through or will go through, certain friends come and go. Some stay, others don't. Sometimes the ones closest to us are not the ones who stick around and it's part of life. I feel you need to validate how you feel and slowly but surely begin to radically accept this.

Have you thought about doing things to make new friends? I know at the beginning it isn't going to feel the same, but in a few months down the line, it might be the best thing ever for you.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 7th 2016, 03:46 PM

I'm trying to alreadys. But its still extremely tough. When people around me ask me how am i? Its taking all I got to not tell that I am one tiny push away from jumping down a skyscraper.

Thanks..

screwdriverneedsgas

(#14 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 13th 2016, 06:06 PM

Hey Darren,
You aren't obligated to see a therapist you don't like. It is important to find one that fits. If this one isn't helping, drop this one and find a new one.
Peer support has been helpful in my recovery, a process which I'm still working through years later. I found peer support to add a certain dimension to "treatment" that had been helpful so far
This includes peer-run support groups that you can attend in person. I highly encourage you to give it a try.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 13th 2016, 06:35 PM

I'll probably try that... Peer support might probably help me a little.

I'll have to consider that...

Btw, I've tried to meet new people around where I am . But that closeness is not there. I don't know what to do.. I miss her.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#16 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 13th 2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
I'll probably try that... Peer support might probably help me a little.

I'll have to consider that...

Btw, I've tried to meet new people around where I am . But that closeness is not there. I don't know what to do.. I miss her.
Great! Glad you'll consider it. It is about what works for you.

Making friends surely takes time.

What's important to keep in mind is that, your friendship with her was one thing and that's separate from the any of the relationships you'll have or currently have. No two relationships are alike. Try not to expect the new friends to be the way she was, if that makes sense. Remind yourself that you're looking for new people, set your intention to be open to different kinds of people.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: I'm seeing the therapist and it's not helping. - November 17th 2016, 02:43 AM

I guess so. But the truth is that it'll be very tough. I want someone who's as close and as friendly to me as her.

Things are tough and I'll admit i nearly decided to kill myself on saturday,

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread