TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Depressed by my theory exam - June 15th 2018, 04:02 PM

As a far majority of you may know I have been trying to pass my theory exam for years and years and years and it has got to the stage now where I pass the questions and then fail by like one answer on the hazard perception. I just don't have the motivation to practice anymore.

I hate the app I use I find it so boring. I do struggle to find the motivation to do things but I have failed to pass it twice this year so my motivation is at rock bottom plus on top of that i have on going personal things going on in my life which suck.
I just do not have the motivation to do it anymore but I would give anything to be able to drive car what fucks me off is those 17 year olds who get lucky and pass first time undeservedly. I swear that the DVLA have me on the system and when I go to take it they make it so I fail it's 23 fucking pounds!!! every dam fucking time!!! THAT'S NEARLY 500 POUNDS OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS fuck my life

Why have that made the test so impossible for someone with a disability to do I kinda feel discriminated against.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Depressed by my theory exam - June 15th 2018, 07:03 PM

Hey,

I am really sorry you're having such a hard time with this. While I have my learner's permit (and have had to get it twice due to the first expiring), I have failed the on the road test twice now in part due to my anxiety and have gotten incredibly depressed after both times and discouraged from trying again. And I also see all of those teens going to pass their tests and then I'm sitting there like "well, I failed." While people say it isn't a big deal, it definitely feels like one! That being said, I know you'll get there!

I don't know how often you're planning on trying to test again but maybe try to take a break for a little bit to get into a better mindset? Take a breather, focus on just taking care of yourself for a bit, and then try again with a clear mind.

I know you're in England and not the US, but I know that we do have some services available at our Department of Motor Vehicles that we can use. I think you just have to call in advance before your appointment to talk about these services, but I am not really sure what is offered. Have you considered giving a call to whatever your equivalent of this department is to see if there are any disability services you can use?

I know you said you're tripped up on the hazard perception section specficially now. Since it's mainly that one section that is tripping you up, would you either be able to clarify the directions of that test by calling before you go, or by asking whoever administers it? I'm not sure what that part of the test is like to give specifics. Or, maybe you can call them and ask if they are able to provide you with any tips to study?

The app we have is kind of boring too. It's mainly just practice tests, so I understand how that can be boring and hard to focus on. Is there anyone who already has passed their theory exam that may be able to help you study or find a better way to do it? Our tests are different so I can't say for sure how they can help, but maybe if it's hazard perception they can take you on a drive where you ride in the passenger's seat and you can point things out that seem like they'd be hazards (such as a kid on a bike, someone that may look like they're about to step out into the road, someone who looks like they may pull off from the curb and cut you off, someone who looks like they may open the car door without looking, etc)? Would that help you practice more? Sometimes it can help to have a different way of looking at things.

I definitely know how discouraging this can feel, so it's okay if you want to take a break and focus on yourself, and it's also okay if you just want to keep plugging at it. I do know that it will feel more rewarding when (not if, when) you do get it because all your effort will have finally paid off. I think you're definitely getting there if you're only missing it by one now! Pretty soon you'll have it down, I know it!

You can do this.

-Dez

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
Closed Thread