TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Why - September 18th 2018, 09:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My ex is blaming me for the death comments she is getting, and keeps telling me to quit talking to people she clearly doesn't like and vise versa. I tried being her friend but that is not working because I'm getting the blame put on me.

Just... I'm done. I can't take any more of this blaming nonsense. She would be so much better off without me here. She doesn't care about me anymore, and I'm to blame. I can't turn to anyone without offending someone else and just I'm done.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Why - September 19th 2018, 04:27 AM

Hey there,

No matter what your ex says, it isn't your fault that she is getting death comments. Of course no one deserves them, but unless you're sending them it isn't your fault. It can only be the fault of the person actually sending them.

Your ex sounds like she's quite manipulative and honestly I would recommend stopping talking to her. You don't deserve the things she's saying to you and you have no obligation to keep being her friend if she is going to treat you like that. Considering you also aren't dating anymore, not that it would be alright for her to do this if you were dating, she shouldn't be telling you who you can and can't talk to. Just because she doesn't like someone doesn't mean you can't still be friends with them. There's no reason for anyone to tell you who to talk to unless they knew something that you didn't such as them being abusive etc.

It doesn't sound like she'd be better off without you, in fact it seems the other way round. She's putting blame on you that shouldn't be, she's being controlling with who you can talk to, and honestly space is probably the best thing for both of you. Now I am also going to say that you don't have to listen to me and you can continue being friends with her, I just really think for your mental health that you should get out.

Remember that even if it feels like you can't talk to people, there's always TeenHelp and there's always a teacher or a school counsellor or chaplain or even your family doctor. There are people out there even when it doesn't feel like it. Of course we'll always be here for you too.

I hope you're okay and I hope you get the support you need.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread