TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michaela

Unhappy Broken - December 6th 2018, 10:36 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel so alone right now, tomorrow is birthday and I have nobody to spend it with my daughter goes to school now, I have had to cut ties with my parents and my brother doesn't have a lot to do with me anymore. I don't have many friends and the one friend who would meet up to spend the day with me is on holiday I guess I could do same gaming or such to keep myself occupied but it won't take the feeling of the loneliness away, my heart is breaking. I wish my parents hadn't caused me to have to cut them out of our lives, I wish they hadn't accused me of anything, I wish we could have just gotten on for my daughter's sake. I feel like they just never wanted me to happy. I miss them and I am broken, so broken. I don't know how much I can handle, its so stressful. I love them to pieces even after everything they have done. But I am not giving in, if they want to come back they have to change first. Till then I am not going to speak to them or meet up with them. The only person I really have in my family is my Nanna, she supports me and she thinks its wrong what my parents have done, she says I've done the right thing, but why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel like I am the one in the wrong when I know I am not?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Broken - December 6th 2018, 11:12 PM

Michaela, First off Happy Birthday. I know this is no consolation but if you want to talk on your birthday and just laugh or anything just send me a message. I know I am just a kid, but if you want to just chat please feel free to send me a message. I think you a really strong for what you are doing and you are not wrong in anything at all. Please remember that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Broken - December 7th 2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Melody View Post
Michaela, First off Happy Birthday. I know this is no consolation but if you want to talk on your birthday and just laugh or anything just send me a message. I know I am just a kid, but if you want to just chat please feel free to send me a message. I think you a really strong for what you are doing and you are not wrong in anything at all. Please remember that.

Thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it. I got a few things for my birthday still feel quite lonely though with nobody around, but I should be okay when my daughter gets back in from school later. I just feel like I've failed my family by cutting ties with them, they have hurt me so much and its going to take me a while to even forgive them for what they have done.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Oh, Bother Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Broken - December 7th 2018, 12:09 PM

Hey,

First of all happy Birthday. I know it is hard when you don't really have anyone to spend it with. Maybe when your daughter gets home from school you guys can do something. Are you able to spend time with your Nanna today?

Also about cutting of your family, I know it feels like you did the wrong thing but you did the right thing. If they can't support you, then you are better off without them. I understand how guilty you feel but there is nothing to feel guilty about.

You show great strength by cutting off the negative people in your life. I never could do it no matter how much pain my moms drinking and using caused me. I am lucky my mom got her act together some what and we are able to have a relationship but only as friends basically.

Maybe they will come to realize what the did was wrong and apologize and do better. But always remember your mental health and well being comes first as well as your daughters.

If you ever need to talk to someone I am always here. I am usually always logged on to chat, so you can always message me and if I'm not available I will message back as soon as I can.

I hope this has helped.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend"
|Member 2007||Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource Editor|
|Newsletter Editor||Writer||Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Broken - December 7th 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Bother View Post
Hey,

First of all happy Birthday. I know it is hard when you don't really have anyone to spend it with. Maybe when your daughter gets home from school you guys can do something. Are you able to spend time with your Nanna today?

Also about cutting of your family, I know it feels like you did the wrong thing but you did the right thing. If they can't support you, then you are better off without them. I understand how guilty you feel but there is nothing to feel guilty about.

You show great strength by cutting off the negative people in your life. I never could do it no matter how much pain my moms drinking and using caused me. I am lucky my mom got her act together some what and we are able to have a relationship but only as friends basically.

Maybe they will come to realize what the did was wrong and apologize and do better. But always remember your mental health and well being comes first as well as your daughters.

If you ever need to talk to someone I am always here. I am usually always logged on to chat, so you can always message me and if I'm not available I will message back as soon as I can.

I hope this has helped.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3
Thank you I went for a walk earlier to put some money in the bank and the fresh air seems to have done me the world of good. Ordered some stuff out of my birthday money and got a smart watch off my daughter.

I still feel guilty for cutting them off but like you said I have done the right thing. I hope they come to their senses and realise that I would never harm my daughter then maybe we could move past it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Broken - December 7th 2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effy2018 View Post
Thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it. I got a few things for my birthday still feel quite lonely though with nobody around, but I should be okay when my daughter gets back in from school later. I just feel like I've failed my family by cutting ties with them, they have hurt me so much and its going to take me a while to even forgive them for what they have done.
Michaela, you have to say to yourself that you have to look out for you and your daughter. That is priority #1.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lucy

Re: Broken - December 13th 2018, 09:09 PM

Just wanted to send you a hug

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls