TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anthony Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anthony

PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - May 30th 2009, 08:47 AM

Iv posted here alot now and honestly I dont know what I want, I mean I know you guys cant really help me past giving some advise, but idk I just feel like I need to talk to someone about this. I feel so screwed up, if any of you have read any of my previous posts youd know that I really have no real friends, I can not stand to look at myself because Im so hideous, I feel so useless and unwanted and all of this just feeds my depression. Iv gotten to the point were nothing matters anymore, Iv attempted suicide about twice now and even that I seem to always fail at. The point is im very sick and all I want is to be able to be happy but im just so depressed. I believe I may possibly be bi polar but im not positive. Idk what to do im like so ready to just kill myself at this point. Like why the hell am I spending all this time on someone as worthless as me, I feel like im wasting ppls time by just being alive. I am so so ugly, and just a useless person in general, I think im ready to just die at this point.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - May 30th 2009, 09:09 AM

Hey hun, i'm really sorry you feel like this. If you need someone to talk to, my contact info is on my profile page. Really, talk to me anytime. It sounds like you could use a friend to talk to... so here I am
  Send a message via MSN to Slowly_Losing_Control  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - May 31st 2009, 03:09 AM

Anthony,

You are not worthless. No amount of time I have spent talking to you has been wasted. I promise.

You are not ugly, you are an incredible person who deserves to feel life again! I know, i get how hard it is, how sometimes it seems as if there is no amount of good in the world equal to the amount you've suffered, but believe me it is possible to reach a place where you are happy.

I really believe that you can get better, you can overcome this, you are a strong, fantastic person, and I know you can do it. But trust me, you can't do it alone. Remember our plan about writing a letter about everything thats been bothering you and giving it to the school nurse or a doctor? There are people who care, and you need people on your team to help you get out of this low place you are in.

Believe me, and believe in yourself.
Never ever give up, I know you can do this, and I'm right here, I care and you are not alone.

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

Last edited by Wishable; June 4th 2009 at 05:05 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - May 31st 2009, 04:07 AM

Anthony,

honey, you are NOT worthless, ugly, at all a waste of time, or anything like that at all. Yeah, I have read your posts, and from what I've seen you're caring, considerate, thoughtful, and going through a tough time right now.

Honestly, I think it might be helpful to talk to a counselor or school nurse or doctor about what's going on. I know that shyness can make that really difficult, but I think just focusing on starting up a conversation, and maybe writing a list of what you've been feeling beforehand to give to them to read so you don't have to worry about bringing things up might be helpful. You deserve to be happy, Anthony. And I know that you can be - and we're sticking around until you get there. Well, we're sticking around after you get there, too, because you're too cool a guy to not like talking to

Hang in there. And PM me anytime!!!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anthony Offline
Not a n00b

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 1st 2009, 09:29 PM

I feel so fucking ugly, I just cant seem to ever stop comparing myself to other ppl. I want so badly to just change myself, especially the way I look. It feels awful becouse everyday I see ppl and im always wishing I could look a little more like them, its a fucking obsession of mine now and I cant stop. I dont want to have to be this ugly for the rest of my life.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 2nd 2009, 03:55 AM

Anthony,

so, you've heard my refutations before about how rather adorable you really are. But I understand how you feel - despite the periods of time where I've been like "hey, I like the mirror this morning" there've also been periods of time where the mirror and I have not gotten along so well. But... I've gotten to where I no longer obsess all the time about whether or not I'll be giving reflective surfaces the cold shoulder, so this definitely is something people can get through

I think working on self-esteem in general might help. What are some interests, hobbies, that you like doing - those typically have skills associated with them, and working on developing your "image" in that way might help. Or try starting off with something really small about even your physical appearance that you do like and after you're comfortable telling yourself that you do like that aspect, you can build from there. For example, I love the way silver toe nail polish looks on me. Small, but it's a start and something definite to keep building off of.

Hang in there, hun. PM me anytime! And take GOOD care of yourself!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 2nd 2009, 06:15 AM

same here.

and you know, i have one thing to say:

IF someone made you feel this way, then they probably have to look at themselves first. you're probably a thousand times better than them at least in personality.

and yeah, this coming from a guy sounds wrong, but you're kinda good looking actually IMO. remember everyone is always ready to support you .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Anthony Offline
Not a n00b

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 04:27 AM

People have confirmed the fact that I am a very ugly person but its not just other people, every person I know could tell me I am attractive and Id still feel ugly. I am ugly in my own mind, I hate the person I see in the mirror, I wasnt always like this but its been so long since iv been happy with myself. I feel so fucking ugly every day, id do anything at this point to change the way I look, the way I act, everything about myself. Id be so happy if one day I woke up and didnt recognize myself anymore, I HATE my face so much.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 04:38 AM

you shouldnt.

everyone is made wonderful in their own way. and you know, you just have to tell yourself that you're beautiful.. and there's at least one reason for you to do that.

its because you ARE and never forget it. and as what others have said, i think you just need some self-esteem building. then you'll realize what a wonderful person, inside and out you are.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
People have confirmed the fact that I am a very ugly person
They need an eye check. Or an attitude check. Because they're wrong.

I second what darrenboy! said. And Anthony, you've still got a while before your physical features are done composing themselves. If you keep working on things now by making you sure you take care of yourself, sleep, eating right, exercise, that sort of thing, it's more than likely that you'll like the mature result.

And you have so many reasons to be happy with who you are as a person, which is ultimately way more important than how you look on the outside. People are more likely to stick with those who stand out because of who they are rather than with someone who stands out because of how they look but then has a disagreeable attitude.

And you've just got all-around good looks

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Anthony Offline
Not a n00b

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 09:06 AM

I wish I didnt feel like this, I want to appreciate myself for who I am but I just cant. I dont even know why I hate myself so much but I just do, whenever I think about myself as a person I feel sick and ashamed, Im ashamed to even be out in public because im such a loser. I ask myself all the time why I feel like this, was I just born messed up or did I become this way.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I am so so ugly, and just a useless person in general, I think im ready to just die at this point.
Truthfully, I think you're pretty cute, myself.
..I feel like a stalker, but it's true.
You are not worthless, you are meant for something great in life.
You may not know what exactly yet, but I can tell you are a great person who is going through tough times right now.
I'm not sure how bad it is for you, but I can understand how you feel.
This may not be the answer you're looking for, and I'm sorry if it isn't, but I do hope it helps.

You can message me to talk about anything if you like. :]
Even if it's just to rant and rave, I'll try and help you in any way possible, ok?

Last edited by Lost_Confused; June 3rd 2009 at 09:36 AM.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 09:59 AM

repeat: you're not a loser

in fact: yeah you're probably more of a winner than loads of people that i know.

manly hug! to keep the spirits up! and remember you always have us to back you up!

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Anthony Offline
Not a n00b

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 10:33 PM

I really appreciate all you guys helping me, I dont want to come off as ungrateful im just really frustrated right now, I just want to do something, I dont want to be like this forever but idk I really think things would just be alot better if I was just gone.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 3rd 2009, 10:51 PM

Dude, you're soooo not a loser. And I haven't seen anything whatsoever about you that would warrant you being ashamed of yourself. In fact, there's quite a lot to be proud of

Hang in there, hun. PM me anytime!!!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: PLEASE, I dont know what to do! - June 4th 2009, 02:33 AM

you CAN do something

just try to always keep in your mind, and heart, that you are a wonderful person, and no one is going to be able to change that

and let that knowledge be your talisman to keep you strong and make everything work again.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread