TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mouse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: YourMomIsBeautiful

Angry I've been doing so well, and then... - June 12th 2009, 10:53 PM

I've been feeling suicidal lately, but I let go of all those terrible feelings I've been having.

Then, my "best friend" asked me if I wanted to go to a Coldplay concert ( DD) with her and, feeling like it would be good for me, I said yes.

But when I got to her house, my other "friend" came up and said "what are YOU doing here?"

And I said "I'm going to the concert...". And that's when she sighed and rolled her eyes at me like I was going to ruin her night.

SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE COLDPLAY!

That's when another person came up. He and I havn't been friends but we're not enemies like we used to be. I was actually excited to see him thinking that now that he's a little older maybe he'd be a little mroe mature.

Nope.

He said told me that I was a freak and that my mom only wanted to kill herself was because she was ashamed of me.

And my friend, the one who invited me. just stood there and watched. I told her about my suicidal thoughts but she didn't do anything about it. It completely ruined the concert for me-- no, the entire night. I couldn't sing along to the songs I knew, I couldn't even enjoy the limo ride my friend got for us.

You know what else I found out?
They weren't even going to invite me! The only reason I got to go was because someone else dropped out last minute.

And now, I'm back to the same place I started.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: I've been doing so well, and then... - June 12th 2009, 11:41 PM

Hey,

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. It's the worst thing to feel like you don't belong or aren't wanted. What this person said about your mom is not true, and it sounds like you do know that. Hold onto that core knowledge, that you are a GOOD person. The truth is, is that not everyone is nice. And it shouldn't be that way, but it is. We can't control how other people act but we CAN control how we respond. One of my favorite quotes, that really helped me learn this, is: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt. What I take that to mean is that people can say awful things or do mean things, but it's my decision if I let it get to me or not. It's my decision if I feel upset about it but move on, and it's my decision if I let it destroy me. You know?

You said something awesome--that you were able to let go of your feeling suicidal before. Try tuning into that. How did you let go? How did you do it? And how can you do it again? (You most definitely CAN do it again).

Remember that no matter what anyone says or does, YOU ARE AWESOME. Take good care of yourself, and PM me if you want to talk more. <3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I've been doing so well, and then... - June 14th 2009, 11:31 AM

Hey Mouse

It sounds like that the night of the concert wasn't a very pleasant experience and I'm sorry that the people their ruined it for you. I can understand how hard it must've been to be around those people that night, but you got through it and now you don't have to talk to them again if you don't want to.

I do think that it was very unfair how your friend treated you and she should have told you that the other people were going if she knew that you didn't get along with each other very well. You may want to talk to your friend about that and how it made you feel as it may make you feel slightly better if you're able to express your emotions to someone. You shouldn't be made to feel inferior or upset by other people and I'm sorry that you felt that way during the concert. You deserve to be able to have a good time, without worrying about other people and how they're making you feel.

The thing they said about your mother was awful and it simply shows the person's immaturity. Just because they said that, it doesn't mean it's true at all. I hope that that person is ashamed of themself. People are heartless sometimes and it seems that this person has always been immature. Try not to concentrate on what they said about your mother or yourself because if you used to be enemies anyway, it should be obvious that this person is just being cruel for no reason.

You're bigger and better than these people, keep telling yourself that. Tell your friend that you are upset that she didn't intervene. Telling people how you feel should help you feel a bit better, I hope it does. It's good to express your emotions and tell people how certain things make you feel. Don't let this event get to you. it's in the past now. Talk to someone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jooj2905 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've been doing so well, and then... - June 15th 2009, 03:19 AM

Heya,
I know its hard some people can really makes things hard and hader then you think they can possibly get. Its even worse when people don't stick up for you when you hope they will. But you've gotta understand that not all people are that bad.
If you ever wanna chat you are welcome to drop me a line. I understand where you come and have been there. Sometimes its not knowing what to do which is the worse.
Take care.
  Send a message via AIM to Jooj2905 Send a message via MSN to Jooj2905  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've been doing so well, and then... - June 15th 2009, 08:37 PM

hey.

you are going through a lot, i can tell, and you've come to the right place because we're all going to listen to you, and we're all in this together, ya hear?

and yeah, some people treat you NOT the way you're supposed to be treated. if this is the case, then they probably dont deserve you as a friend . and dont even talk about the way they talked about you being a shame, thats FALSE all of it is false . you're a wonderful person, and you're your own individual nothing can take away the fact that you're special.

time for some new friends, friends who will take your hand and care for you, and shine in your life , and make it sooo much better and so much more exciting than these friends who dont even know how to appreciate you right.

you deserve true caring friends

and you know, you know who to come to for hugs!

always ready to help out !

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread