TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bahamachicki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

Exclamation Haven't cut in about 5 months - July 13th 2009, 12:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

but I have such a terrible urge to start again. I stopped because my school found out and told my parents so I ended up in the hospital. I'm so depressed but when I try to tell anything to my parents they don't listen or deny it. I don't know what to do and I'm sinking deeper and deeper into my depression. I miss cutting. It made me feel so much better. I need advice.

I also used to overdose on painkillers when I got upset. I have an urge to start doing so again. I even have the bottle on my nightstand.

I'm so lost. I need help. *cries*
what do I do!?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Haven't cut in about 5 months - July 13th 2009, 01:01 AM

Hi Melissa.

At the moment you are going through a panic phase. The first things Im going to say to you is well done, you accept you need help so you ask for it.

Secondly, I need you to calm down. Take deep rythmic breaths and relax your body, get rid of the tension.

Cutting is a coping mechanism.....not a good one.

You do not need to cut to feel good. You can have a bath, watch a funny film, drink hot coco. Go for a walk.

If you feel you are sinkning deeper and deeper, you really need to get someone to talk to, like a therapist,....and if you are not on meds, they can try meds to make you feel better.

The next stage is to get the tablets and flush them. Serious. Its not worth it. Your 16, still young-ish. You have at least 70 odd years to live....you will get better as you get older....I know its hard....being depresed, but just because you are depressed now doesnt mean no-one cares.

I think it would be helpful for you to maybe talk to your doctor, see if they can help.

I really hope you make it....if you dont think you can, then please ring a hotline or go to local hospital
I want you to be OK
If you want to PM, feel free to

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bahamachicki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Haven't cut in about 5 months - July 13th 2009, 01:09 AM

I'm on and off meds because they make me fairly sick whenever I take them.
I use to see a therapist but my parents stopped letting me because they say I'm not depressed. My parents refuse to let me get my permit or license so I can't drive anywhere on my own and my parents won't take me anywhere. You did make me calm down though. Thank you. I suddenly have an urge to make some hot cocoa and watch a movie. =)

I got rid of the tablets, as you said. So those aren't an option (even though I'm sure I could get my hands on some if I really wanted to but let's not worry about that.)

I want to be okay. I'm engaged and my boyfriend and I are completely in love. (not that most would believe so because I'm so young but it's fine if you don't.) We're moving in together when I turn 18 so I keep telling myself that I have less than 2 years left in my house (my parents are the main cause of my depression whether they believe it or not) and then I'm free. I just wonder if I can make it that long.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Haven't cut in about 5 months - July 13th 2009, 01:25 AM

I'm on and off meds because they make me fairly sick whenever I take them.

Most medications will make you sick, you just have to ride it, it takes anything between 4-6 weeks for the tablets to settle and take effect, then you will stop making you sick....dont chop and change, or take/not take, because that will confuse your brain, making you end up worse

I use to see a therapist but my parents stopped letting me because they say I'm not depressed. My parents refuse to let me get my permit or license so I can't drive anywhere on my own and my parents won't take me anywhere. You did make me calm down though. Thank you. I suddenly have an urge to make some hot cocoa and watch a movie. =)

I think you need to tell them exactly what you said in your post you made. It sounds like your parents are strict, but Im sure they are only indenial because you are their daughter and a perfect daughter, nothing could go wrong. Thats probably why they wont let you see a therapist. Its not that they dont love you.

I got rid of the tablets, as you said. So those aren't an option (even though I'm sure I could get my hands on some if I really wanted to but let's not worry about that.)

Thank you, I do believe that the step to recovery is to throw any harmful objects away. Im very proud of you, and you should be proud of you too. You are a fighter, a strong, stay strong.

I want to be okay. I'm engaged and my boyfriend and I are completely in love. (not that most would believe so because I'm so young but it's fine if you don't.) We're moving in together when I turn 18 so I keep telling myself that I have less than 2 years left in my house (my parents are the main cause of my depression whether they believe it or not) and then I'm free. I just wonder if I can make it that long.

Thats a real positivity I see there. Im so glad you want to be ok, that is the correct attitude that will help you with your depression. The fact you have something planned, means you have something to achieve. If you believe, you can acheive. I do hope you and your boyfriend are correct for each other, Im sure you will be....and yes...you will be able to make it that long

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bahamachicki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Haven't cut in about 5 months - July 13th 2009, 01:34 AM

I had been on the meds for about 4 months straight and then I started becoming very sick everytime I took them. I was off for a while but am starting them again tonight.

I attempted to tell my mother that I needed help but the only result I got was her yelling at me telling me that I don't have it bad and that I have to perfect parents so I have to stop acting like I have problems. Tried to tell me father that I need help and he said that I'm not depressed. They have the ability to temporarily brainwash me on certain subjects. They make me think that I don't need help.

Closed Thread