TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

mood lowed =[ - July 25th 2009, 10:17 PM

I feel suicidal nearly all the time, anything can trigger it and my mood's just lowed i don't know why i was fine earlier on =/ i feel like my boyfriend can do much more better than an unattractive girl whose fat and my friends deserve a better friend

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: mood lowed =[ - July 25th 2009, 11:24 PM

Hey Jodie,

You shouldn't put yourself down so much. Your boyfriend must like you otherwise he wouldn't be with you. So he must see the good things in you so you should start seeing them too! You shouldn't have to change for anyone and if people don't like you the way you are then that is there problem.

Is there anyone you can talk to about how you are feeling? Just think the longer you leave it the more depressed you might become so it is best to get help sooner rather than later.

It will get better Jodie so don't give up. Keep hanging on in there and you know where I am if you ever need anything :-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: mood lowed =[ - July 26th 2009, 03:36 AM

Jodie,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way but please know that things will get better.

I think that you should try to focus on the positive things about yourself instead of all the negative. I know that that can be hard at times but it can really help in the end. When you feel a bad thought creeping into your head push it aside and focus on the good things about your life and about yourself, do you think you could do that? Sometimes making a list of our good points can help for example:

I have good eyes
I like to read
I have good hair

You should do the same thing for yourself; its hard to do at first but over time it helps. Try writing down five good things about yourself and any time a bad thought comes into your mind push those good things into view instead.

Jodie, I am sure there are good qualities about you and your friends and boyfriend are probably happy to have you in their lives.

I was wondering if you have ever talked to anyone about the way you are feeling? I know it can be hard but in the end it really can be worth it, do you think you could give it a try?

Please hang in there and if you ever want to talk please feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: mood lowed =[ - July 26th 2009, 04:52 AM

The thing about boyfriends and friends, and even family for the most part, is that they can choose whether they want you in their lives or not. You are a part of their lives because they want you around. You have something to offer them, and they feel like they have something to offer you as well. Don't be suspicious, and don't have doubts. You have no reason to doubt your place in their lives. If you weren't supposed to be there, you wouldn't be.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

Closed Thread