TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rhiannon

Exclamation birthday blues= birthday death? - July 28th 2009, 12:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

well today is my birthday and well a few days ago i made a promise that once i turned 19 i would kill myself and well ive never broken a promise b4 no matter how much i wanted to plus i really want to die too, i just dont want to live and today hasnt been that great eg: the only ppl who cared that it was my birthday was my workers, my brothers made me do all the work for it (cake, cooking) i hate my life and just want it all to stop and end it all...i feel like there is no other way n i dont really think any1 would care...i told the phyc services n even they didnt care.

rizz

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

(#2 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: birthday blues= birthday death? - July 28th 2009, 12:41 PM

Hey there, Rhiannon!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this on your birthday! This is your day; you shouldn't have to worry about promises you may have made to yourself, you should be enjoying yourself! I know it's difficult to break promises, but in this case, breaking that promise will save your life. You deserve to be alive, Rhiannon, whether you see that right now or not.

Don't let other people get you down today! Brothers will be brothers; they're just being typical guys and making you do all the work, try not to get upset over it, eh? You have so much to live for! If you need a reminder of just some of those things, take a look at our Reasons To Live thread.

I know you're finding it really hard right now, but just hang in there! Tomorrow morning, you'll wake up, your birthday will be over, and you can live another year. You just have to hold on today. It's not easy, I know that, but you can do this do, Rhiannon. You're an amazingly strong person.

We all care about you! You don't have to fight this alone; we're here to support you in any way at all. If you're feeling really suicidal, call a hotline. You can find the list here.

You're going to be okay, Rhiannon. Just stay strong. And Happy Birthday! I hope your day turns out for the best, and that you'll have many, many more birthdays to come.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: birthday blues= birthday death? - July 28th 2009, 01:14 PM

Hey there Rhiannon, Happy Birthday.

I’m sorry that things aren’t going too well for you right now, but I’m sure that ending your life won’t make anything better for you. I have done the same thing, Rhiannon – I told myself that I wouldn’t reach my 17th Birthday, but I’m still here. I broke that promise to myself, you can break that promise to yourself, too. If promises are going to have negative outcomes then it’s okay to break them. You don’t have to hurt yourself today (or any other day).

I’m glad that you recognise that there are people who care about you, it’s great that your workers knew that it was your birthday. I’m sorry that your brothers made you ‘work’ for your birthday, that must be frustrating for you – have you told them that it upset you? Maybe you should – telling people how you feel can often help you feel like you’re listened to.

I think you should check out the link that Nicola has provided you – it’s got some pretty cool reasons to live. There are lots of reasons to live, Rhiannon – opportunities and happy moments. You may not be feeling your best right now, but you have access to help (the psych services) which is really promising and people who care about you, as you’ve said. Things can get better for you if you talk to someone, reach out for that help. I would recommend that you call the service you use again and tell them how you are feeling – it is their duty to help you when you’re feeling this way.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rhiannon

Re: birthday blues= birthday death? - July 28th 2009, 01:46 PM

i cant do this anymore!!!! its over

my brothers wont listen...all we do is fight which ends up with one of my brothers always threatening to hit me.

ive called phyc heaps 2night n they just dont care...i have no reason to live....none at all....its over for me.

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

Closed Thread