TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kate

i cant cope anymore - October 6th 2009, 06:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know what to do. I'm not strong enough to keep going. I know that this is killing my girlfriend, but I can't work up the energy to pretend to her anymore, and I know that she wont be able to cope if I go off on one. I don't want to hurt her. She struggles as well and I can't do that to her. I don't want to carry on anymore. It's too hard.

"No one can make you feel inferior with out your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Come on:
Gentle my lord, sleek o'ver your rugged looks;
Be bright an jovial among your guests to-night"
(Macbeth, Act3, Scene2, William Shakespeare)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: i cant cope anymore - October 6th 2009, 09:55 PM

Everyone has lows, believe me. But you do get out of it eventually. As long as you hold together. Takes time I know. I'm in one now myself, coming out of it slowly I guess, but it's happening.

Perhaps find something different to do to take your mind of it, if there's anything that you enjoy doing, do it.

Last edited by BDF; October 7th 2009 at 07:24 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: i cant cope anymore - October 7th 2009, 12:11 AM

Hey Kate,

I am really sorry that you are feeling like this. You are strong enough to keep going. Use that strength inside of you to fight through this. You can do it so please don't give up. No matter how bad things are right now they won't always be this bad.

Your girlfriend is a reason to keep going. It seems like she cares about you loads. You shouldn't have to pretend. She is your girlfriend after all so you should be able to trust her.

You can carry on and you are going to get through this. You are strong to have come this far so keep going. I am always here if you ever want to talk so you are more than welcome to PM me. Stay strong

(#4 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: i cant cope anymore - October 8th 2009, 12:51 PM

Don't give up. There is so much more to life then just this little bump in your furture. I know what your going through because I am in the same position as you right now. But think would your girlfriend rather have you dead or rather have you getting help and actually doing your best to get better?
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
Closed Thread