TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 01:12 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i ruined my life...i ruined my parents trust my friends trust...idk who i am or what im supposed to be doing...im losing my sense of purpose...i ruined everything and i cant find any reason to keep trying...ik that i would hurt everyone if i did kill myself but i cant seem to get it off my mind...i need help and no one seems to be able to help me...idk what to do!
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 05:41 PM

hmm...thanks for the help guys....
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Anna~Bell Offline
Lost Without Words
Not a n00b

Name: Anna Michaela

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 05:47 PM

Hey! Sorry I wasnt on earlier! Hunni dont worry. Just cause everything seems hopeless now is going to get better. Your parents will slowly get their trust back *What happened? If you dont mind sharing* Keep your head up!!

I am here to help
I am here to learn
I am here to make friends

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 06:31 PM

just wanted to encourage you to reach out for help to people in your life because it sounds like you may have a mental illness such as Depression. Many Mental illnesses like depression are treatable with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes such as eating balanced meals and getting enough sleep. It is however very very hard to go it alone. Your life is valuable, and with treatment things CAN get better.

most great artists and inventors had some major issues, but they are thought of as major contributors to our society. if you stick around, maybe you would help the world in some way even if it would just be being a kick butt parent some day, or being a mentor to a teen later in life or something.

Ask yourself "If I was happy, how would life be different than it is now?" It may be hard to imagine if you've been in emotional pain for a long time, but try to write as much as you can about what your life would be like. Then try to pick out the things in your "happy" life that you actually have control over and can work towards. Something like winning the lottery isn't realistic, but there are probably going to be several things that you do have control over. Make them specific and realistic goals.

the only thing you can count on is change, so why don't you stick around? This too shall pass. Things get better, things get worse, but it won't be this way for ever. Don't be afraid to ask for help. your life is valuable.

You're NOT alone.

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 07:18 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way, but even if you feel like you've ruined people's trust in you, perhaps you haven't. There are surely people who still love you and trust you, and care about you. I know how it feels to feel hopeless and like nothing is worth living for, but things will get better. They always do. I never used to believe things would get better and they did.
I could try a suggestion...maybe try opening up to your parents, or your mom about things? I talked to my mom about alot of the things I was feeling, even my dad, and they were alot more helpful and understanding than I expected and now we're really close.
I'm also here if you need someone to talk to or just need a friend. Hang in there and don't give up!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 07:44 PM

thanks guys...sorry for the sarcastic remark earlier i was just annoyed....
anna-bell: i explained everything that was going on in my thread in friends and fmaily i think it is...
crescendo: i have been diagnosed with clinical depression and im in therapy and on medication...it just doesnt seem like enough right now =\
dragon:my parents r informed of some of my feelings but i dont think its such a good idea to tell them i want to kill myself 85% of the time...they already think they failed me as parents...why make them more upset ya know?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Cool Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 10th 2010, 08:40 PM

I'm sorry you're still feeling so bad. I def. know what it's like, but I do believe that "This too shall pass."

I'm glad you're in therapy and on meds, and i'm sorry its not helping. Your meds may need to be adjusted and another therapist or even another type of therapy might be more helpful for you.

Also making some lifestyle changes like eating healthy, exercising, getting out into the sun, schedueling time into your week for just relaxing/fun, and waking up/going to bed at the same time everyday can help.

Like I said before:
Ask yourself "If I was happy, how would life be different than it is now?" It may be hard to imagine if you've been in emotional pain for a long time, but try to write as much as you can about what your life would be like. Then try to pick out the things in your "happy" life that you actually have control over and can work towards. Something like winning the lottery isn't realistic, but there are probably going to be several things that you do have control over. Make them specific and realistic goals.

There's this quote i love that i saw on some ad in a magazine that said "Once you start you're already finishing." It helps remind me that even the longest journeys begin with a single step, and that as far off as your goals may seem, that you deserve credit for any progess you've made. In the type of therapy I do, there is a list of beliefs the therapists work by. One belief says "Everyone is doing the best they can." another one says "Everyone can do better." I hated those statements for so long, because I felt like it was saying "You will never be good enough." Then i finally came to the realization that just because I have the ability to do something today doesn't mean i had that ability yesterday.

Change is very hard, and sometimes even when people are trying as best they can there are still set backs, and times where no progress is made. So i find it really important to reward myself based on effort- not always achievement. If I'm dieting for example- and I'm exercising, and balancing my meals, but i have a week where i dont loose weight, instead of getting upset and feeling like a failure I say "Wow. I worked really hard this week." and reward myself by taking a long hot bath, buying myself a book, etc. It also helps me to break down big/vague goals into small measurable steps. You said one of your goals is "be a better person"? If you don't know exactly what being a better person will look like, you will never feel you achieved it. Define your goals "I will be a better person when I am volunteering at charities for 8 hours a month for at least 2 months in a row" and then set realistic smaller steps "This week I will research charities i can volunteer at online that i'm interested in" and praise yourself every step of the way. When thinking about reaching the overall goal seems too overwhelming, stop and take a tiny step towards it. I also really love the website www.43things.com . its a site where you post goals you have (small, big, serious, stupid, whatever) and get support from other members as you make progress. If you decide to make an account let me know and we can cheer each other on!

Feel free to vm or pm me anytime!

Megan

-grey's.anatomy-

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 11th 2010, 02:19 AM

UGH i cant do this anymore!!!!!!!!!! i just wanna give up and idk whats holding me back...='(
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 11th 2010, 02:48 AM

What's holding you back is this teeny tiny little spark inside you that wants you to live. Its the spark that got you to post on this thread. Hold on to that spark.

Megan

-grey's.anatomy-

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 12th 2010, 07:26 PM

If your parents think they failed, and you know they didn't then show them that they didn't fail. I haven't read your post on the other section, so I will say this. If you ruined your parents' life and your with whatever you did, then make it upto them and show them that you love them. That is what you should do.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 15th 2010, 05:15 AM

Well, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted in here. I actually went, volunterally to the hospital. I was kept there for 3 days and able to get my mind undercontrol. They actually think that my medication had a lot to do with me being suicidal. I'm better now tho, and I just want everyone to know that if you are ever down and you need a place to turn, being in the psychiatric hospital is not scary or mean. The people there genuenly care about you and getting you back to a good mental state. I seriously recomend it. It helped me so much!
Thank you guys too, your words of encouragement were great. =)
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
AlkalineTears Offline
Hellbound
Not a n00b

Name: Nameless

Re: i just wanna be done.. - January 15th 2010, 06:48 AM

I'm glad you are doing better, knowing there are people who are choosing an optimistic approach is what makes the world go round.

There are 7 billion people on this planet, no one is ever truly alone.

Closed Thread