TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2ndSoul Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brody

Can't see.. - February 23rd 2010, 11:12 PM

I'm really depressed right now. I'm not suicidal.. but sometimes it all seems useless. I had finally had a game plan for my life.. I'm studying to be a game designer and along side practicing guitar and hoping I can get into a band and maybe make it big (I know the odds are against me)

I had saved about $800 for a new guitar. I was so excited that i'd be purchasing one soon. Then my car broke down and costed $500 to fix..

Now I just did my taxes and even though i live with my parents and have a dead end job that makes minimum wage, I somehow owe $200.

I feel so broken right now.. I know money isn't everything, but my future ideas were really keeping me going and now I just don't know..

My experiences are mine. They may be good, they may be bad but they make who I am.
  Send a message via AIM to 2ndSoul  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Can't see.. - February 23rd 2010, 11:43 PM

Hey Brody,
Yes you may have just fallen in a hole, but one that's not too hard to climb out of. Just keep your mind set on that new guitar. Because soon enough you'll be back up to $800! You just have to keep chugging along until you get there. Never let go of that goal though, that's what will keep you going. Maybe you can also look online and see if you can find the same guitar cheaper or used maybe. Do a few extra jobs if you have some time on your hands like babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling, etc. I know right now you just feel like you'll never get back there. But you WILL! I know you will. PM me anytime.
Stay strong,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Can't see.. - February 24th 2010, 04:09 PM

Hey Brody,

Things sound tough at the moment, but try to stay positive

I know it seems like you have lost a lot lately and your future plans are ruined, but as Alessa said - it won't be long before you're back up to $800! Keep holding on to the guitar and your hopes for the future, and they will come in time.

Also as Alessa said, anything you can do to get some extra cash? Any random bits will all help you achieve your goal.

Stay positive,
Take care <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Can't see.. - February 24th 2010, 04:13 PM

Hey Brody.

You seem to have hit a bump in the road. (No pun intended). You will make it through though. It's so good that you have a goal and plan for the future. Like Alessa said: Never let go of that goal. She is right, it will keep you going. You will have something to look forward too.

Trust me, it will get better. This is temporary. I believe that you can do it!

Keep your head up.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread