TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
roe Offline
standing in the rain
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Unhappy I can't do it. - March 23rd 2010, 02:17 AM

I just can't.
Every simple thing I do somehow turns around and slaps me in the face, making me feel total guilt or regret.
I don't want this.
I want more than anything to escape to a fantasy world where everything is carefree, and everything is peaceful.
I've always loved writing and photography, and I feel like I can't do those things anymore. I'll try, and completely pick apart my photos and stories until I can't find anything good about them.

I'm currently seeing a counsellor until I can get back in school, and I'm on 2mg of risperidone and 150mg of sertraline.
And I'm sick of everyone telling me to tell my counsellor. I'm sick I'm done I can't do it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: I can't do it. - March 23rd 2010, 03:17 AM

Hey Taylor.

I'm sorry, but all the advice about telling your therapist how you're really feeling is right. They can't help you unless you're totally honest, and what do you have to lose from it? Maybe you need a different medication, or a different kind of therapy. Maybe your current prescription hasn't had time to set in yet (some can take weeks).

If you love writing and photography, keep those things in your life. If your art becomes darker because of how you're feeling, great; use it as an outlet when you can't get the emotions out verbally. You know you're good at these things and you should never quit them.

As for the hard knocks you've been getting lately, everyone on here understands what it's like to lose hope but also how important it is to not do that. You can post on here whenever you need to, write, get out of your head, make up that other world when you need to escape. Whatever is necessary for you to keep going. If you want to vent, I'm always here for a PM. Take care, hun...

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

Closed Thread