TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

What is the afterlife like? - April 6th 2010, 01:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I had a friend. She tried to kill herself with heroin. That didn't work. We were talking one day and she told me the story about how she tried to kill herself and it didn't work and she said she wasn't feeling suicidal anymore... Well, a few months later, I had the most terrible dream. I was looking at her and she had been in a terrible accident. She told me "It's not the kind of accident where you get to die. It's the kind of accident where you get stuck."

I woke up and felt SOOOO strongly that I had to call 911. I told myself "its just a dream..." I wanted to call her so bad but it was in the middle of the night...

I found out she had killed herself the very same night that I had the dream. She shot herself in the heart. This time it worked.

And I realized - she had come to me in a dream to warn me.

She told me this very specifically:

"Its not the kind of accident where you get to die. Its the kind where you get stuck."

She committed suicide but she didn't get the freedom that she wanted.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: What is the afterlife like? - April 6th 2010, 04:22 PM

Hey there,

This must be exremely hard to deal with, and I really feel for you. Your not alone when you say that you felt something the night that your friend died - other people have reported this feeling before too.

Obviously, no-one knows if there is an afterlife, and if there is, what it's like. We just have to hold on, wait and see. I think that you should, try and bring yourself some closure to this situation - hold a memorial event for your friend or something, so that you can say goodbye properly.

I also think, you need to keep as many friends around you as you can, and certainly talk about how you feel to other adults that can understand and help you through this.

Take Care x
Feel free to PM me

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What is the afterlife like? - April 7th 2010, 02:39 AM

The reason I posted this is because I want the people of the suicide board to have the benefit of hearing what the ghost of my friend said to me about her suicide.

Many can tell you what it is like to be suicidal. But not everyone can tell you what it is like after you've killed yourself.

To be fair, though, there is another story:

I had an acquaintance that I hung out with once or twice - a friend of a regular at an old stomping ground that I used when I was a teen. I hadn't seen this acquaintance for a while and didn't ordinarily think of him.

I loved to explore states of mind when I was a teen. I learned everything I could about psychology, I tried mind-altering substances, I meditated myself into strange places to see what they would be like - I was a psychonaut. One day I wanted to know what the other side was like. I went into a very deep meditation. This one was different from any meditation I had ever done and is still different from anything I have done ever since then, at least, intentionally...

The world I saw then was amazing... Everything was one, no separation... Imagine this sense that the entire universe is profoundly connected in ways that are invisible to our ordinary physical form... that's what it was like...

I encountered him there.

It was very strange because I never think of him. At first, I thought he was a thought - my own thought.

He showed me his state - his state was split in two. One half seemed happy, but the other half of him was dark.

I found out a couple days later that he had killed himself just before.

He didn't seem trapped like my friend.

I don't know what happens to them.

I don't know if they turn out happy.

Last edited by loves_to_help; April 7th 2010 at 03:26 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What is the afterlife like? - April 7th 2010, 02:40 AM

Thank you very much Quacker Jack! I am okay now. That happened to me around 10 years ago. I already did have a memorial of sorts... I don't need any emotional support over this. But it was very nice of you!

Keep up the good work, Jack!

Closed Thread