TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
messed Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy need help/advice please :( - May 1st 2010, 03:30 AM

So here it goes.

I got my mid term report cards on monday.
I showed it to my dad, and he was pretty unhappy with my marks.

My marks are:
Physics - 77%
Computer Science - 85%
Computer Engineering - 80%
Computer Networking - 85%

'I have an average of 81.8%
'He has since been cussing at me for every little thing, not even related to marks (i.e. Missing things around the house, how i was a mess when I was little (noisy),)
finally, when it got to parents' night at our school, we were on our way to school to meet my teachers. He gave me a wack across the face, and said was ashamed to see my teachers because of my marks.

he then proceeded to deprive me of proper food, citing that he was feeding me what he would feed a dog.

I have plans to upgrade my marks if that is what he is concerned with. But if he keeps on going on this type of a rant, I dont know how long I will be able to survive. I really want to go suicide, but thinking the fact that I am dying for no good reason, I held back.
I thought about retaliating, by whacking him back. But never proceeded because I still didnt want to hurt him.

He also calls me very harsh names, like asshole, bitch, dog.......

What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CalDud Offline
Mathematician
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Casey

Re: need help/advice please :( - May 1st 2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messed View Post
So here it goes.

I got my mid term report cards on monday.
I showed it to my dad, and he was pretty unhappy with my marks.

My marks are:
Physics - 77%
Computer Science - 85%
Computer Engineering - 80%
Computer Networking - 85%

'I have an average of 81.8%
'He has since been cussing at me for every little thing, not even related to marks (i.e. Missing things around the house, how i was a mess when I was little (noisy),)
finally, when it got to parents' night at our school, we were on our way to school to meet my teachers. He gave me a wack across the face, and said was ashamed to see my teachers because of my marks.

he then proceeded to deprive me of proper food, citing that he was feeding me what he would feed a dog.

I have plans to upgrade my marks if that is what he is concerned with. But if he keeps on going on this type of a rant, I dont know how long I will be able to survive. I really want to go suicide, but thinking the fact that I am dying for no good reason, I held back.
I thought about retaliating, by whacking him back. But never proceeded because I still didnt want to hurt him.

He also calls me very harsh names, like asshole, bitch, dog.......

What should I do?
Suicide isn't the answer. Get someone involved or seek the advice of your school counselor, possibly. You'll need some outside help because your father's just being a douchebag. The thing is you need to do something about this and you haven't. That is your first step. You are valued. Heck, I value you for living with such a person for so long. Just pull through. Most people have screwed up things happening in their lives and sometimes want a way out. But if you're going through hell, it's best to keep going. It's the only way you're going to get out of it unless you want to live there.
  Send a message via MSN to CalDud Send a message via Skype™ to CalDud 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: need help/advice please :( - May 1st 2010, 03:12 PM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear that your father had such a bad reaction to your report card. If you tried your best then that's the best that you can do - your father should be proud that you have tried.

I do not agree with the way that your father has been treating you at all. You do not deserve to be hit and you do not deserve to be talked down to or called nasty names. You are a much better person than your father is making you feel at the moment and I hope that his attitude towards you changes.

I think that because he has hurt you, it may be appropriate for you to talk to someone you trust about what's going on, whether it is a relative, friend or a counsellor. Talking to someone at school about what's happening may also give you gome help with your school work and education.

Take care.

Closed Thread