TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 06:06 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm just feeling more depressed lately... I'm maybe more depressed than before... I feel so miserable and lonely at night...

I've noticed that a lot of people cut, drink, or maybe smoke weed to escape their problems. How bad is it to do those things? What is it like?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 06:28 AM

I'm feeling like shit right now... I really wanna escape...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 06:31 AM

well all of those can harm you. maybe find an escape through something else. what havent you tried yet that cannot harm you?

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 06:33 AM

How badly can they harm you? I feel there's no other choice...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nyu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caroline

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 07:28 AM

I know it sounds very corny but try reading. It takes a few good books to lose yourself in them but maybe you will be able to? There are always more healthy alternatives to drugs, alcohol, and SH. Just by reading other's posts you can see that its not always effective and usually only brings more pain to their lives in the long run.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 08:18 AM

Personally, I paint. Or draw. And it usually helps.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 6th 2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delivery View Post
How badly can they harm you? I feel there's no other choice...
well just look online. i've known people who cant move certain parts of there face anymore cause of cutting, as well as they lose their friends, or they lose confidenece.
they all become an emotional burden at one point in time.
drinking cost money, can become a permenant crutch as well as drugs.
just search "harmful effects of______" youll learn lots of stuff.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 10th 2010, 04:45 AM

Okay man, shit - trust me - do not, I repeat DO NOT go to cutting, drinking or drugs to solve your problems.

Cutting is addictive. I didn't cut, but I did self-harm and I went into a complete mode of justifying it to my friends even when I knew I sounded "off."

Drinking only made me feel worse. I got into a lot of shit. I went off the fucking deep end dude. I wasn't in control at all. It only made me feel worse, which further made me want to kill myself - but kill myself by running in front of cars or driving drunk. I was fucked up. It also leads to drugs, it's a gateway.

Drugs? I started off light, then I went higher, then I was hospitalized for a near over-dose. Imagine trying to explain that one especially with this age's medical bills.

The best way is to try to find a friend you can trust. That's the only thing that stopped me. Self-destruction is not a fucking pretty picture of escape dude. My life almost completely fell apart in a single second. I had no control. My friends started to leave me. Self-destructing led into a cycle of self-destruction. If I wasn't saved at the last minute, I have no fucking idea where I'd be right now because it just went down and down - not escape - self destruction is NOT escape, it's fucking hell. You think you know what hitting rock bottom is, but you don't really - not until that's your next stop. I saw it. You go there because you think it will be escape, but it makes you feel worse. Any pain you're feeling now? It magnifies it times a million.

So, what's it like? It feels like you're dead and there's no way out. However you're feeling now, it feels worse.

It too me a long time to climb back up to the state my life was in and regain my friends trust. because after you turn into symbiote spider-man or venom (best metaphor for this) - that's all they can see for a while: a guy out of control who can't be trusted. So there's after effects you have to build yourself out of as well even after you regain standing.

I'm not saying drinking and drugs is bad. But, the age-old proverb "there is no escape, it only escalates if you try" is the way it plays out.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; May 10th 2010 at 05:01 AM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
rescue is possible. ♥
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allison

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 11th 2010, 01:54 AM

Try this. http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

I do some of those whenever I get those urges and it helps a lot. And it won't effect you negatively later on in life.

If you truly believe in what you do nobody can stop you.
-Trace Cyrus
  Send a message via AIM to youareunstoppable Send a message via MSN to youareunstoppable  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
~Ash~ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ashlee

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 11th 2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoticon View Post
well just look online. i've known people who cant move certain parts of there face anymore cause of cutting, as well as they lose their friends, or they lose confidenece.
they all become an emotional burden at one point in time.
drinking cost money, can become a permenant crutch as well as drugs.
just search "harmful effects of______" youll learn lots of stuff.

they cant move cause they cut? i've been cutting myself for so long and the only part of my face thats hard to move is my mouth to smile because i dont feel that theres anything to smile about anymore... oh and btw u dont wanna cut or do drugs... and obviously the other things to
  Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ash~  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Silverseven Offline
Average Joe

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 11th 2010, 11:54 PM

Overall it doesn't help. I've done it all... it helps for a while maybe even makes you feel numb or happy, but once it goes away an hour or 2 later all you want is to do it again.... and again... and again and eventaully it just doesnt work at all

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 12th 2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ash~ View Post
they cant move cause they cut? i've been cutting myself for so long and the only part of my face thats hard to move is my mouth to smile because i dont feel that theres anything to smile about anymore... oh and btw u dont wanna cut or do drugs... and obviously the other things to
Bells Palsy, it has happened to people who have cut. Sometimes it can be permanent, though usually its a few weeks to a few months. In fact, one of the users on here posted about getting it themselves.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need some form of escape... - May 13th 2010, 07:56 AM

Well, maybe if I regress even more by doing these things, people will take me more seriously and I will get the help I need...

I'm probably too much of a coward to do these things though. They were just some things to consider.

Closed Thread