TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pologirl Offline
Not a n00b

rant - June 2nd 2010, 01:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so i was wondering. if anyone else feels like there is no real reason they cut/self injure? i feel like my reasons aren't good enough. but they aren't huge or anything but they make me do it- i feel like so much weaker compared to everyone else. but i'm still kind of suicidal so that's not good. Things are a little crazy and i can't get help for two more months and can NOT tell my parents anything- so basically i'm screwed. i just feel so unworthy of any sympathy just soo uggg.
And right now i just want to kill myself and i have written almost all my suicide letters in my journal and grr i can't tell anyone.
I just want to die

Peace...Love.....Swim & Polo!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: rant - June 2nd 2010, 08:25 AM

I feel like that sometimes. It's like, my problems aren't as bad as someone else's, so I shouldn't be feeling as bad as I am.

The thing is, though, that any reason you self-harm is serious. It obviously matters to you, and it's not unimportant or insignificant, even if you don't think it's as 'big' as someone else's reason for self-harming.

You are not weak, and you do deserve help. Please, take a step back and really think about what you're saying. Do you really want to end your life? What about all the people who care about you, who love you, and who want to help you? You owe it to them, and to yourself, to get through this.

Here's a list of hotlines you can call, and I really recommend you at least consider it.

Hang in there.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: rant - June 2nd 2010, 06:57 PM

I agree with Chess above, whatever is happening, must really be affecting you for you to self harm. Doesn't mean your weak. It just means you need a helping hand.

Before you do anything too drastic, stop, take a breath, and think about it, do you really and truly want to die? It sounds to me, you're going through a really difficult time, but all thats means, is you want that time to end, and not your whole life.

Try to find someone you feel comfortable talking to. A councellor, a doctor? All these people can help you

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: rant - June 2nd 2010, 07:19 PM

I'm sure we've all had those feelings before, but it's those kinds of feelings you have to shut out from your mind and your soul, and do something to occupy your mind, something that really helps you forget about depressing thoughts and be happy, like hang out with friends, listen to angry music or just punch a punching bag, sing along with songs that have lyrics that describe how you're feeling. Those things always can release alot of tension and make you feel a little better. I find that always worked for me.
Also remember if you need a friend or anyone to talk to I'm here anytime.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Re: rant - June 6th 2010, 03:44 PM

Yeah, when i went crying to my best friend that id tried to kill myself and why, all she say was ''Realy? over that? thats whiney. --- just got in a fight with her mom and ---'s parents are getting divorced and there not whining and crying and carving themselfs like a turkey.'' but i figure if its bad enough for me to try to kill myself its just as bad as the things that they can get through with a smile.
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Re: rant - June 6th 2010, 03:47 PM

and you can tell me and everyone on here anything that bothering you, and your parents and friends and anyone, so you can tell someone <:3 you just did.
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
Closed Thread