TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 7th 2010, 03:08 AM

Okay so I am getting a tad bit depressed because I'm doing the same thing every day, which is like sitting and watching TV with my boyfriend... ugh... i hate watching the tv anyway... but all the fun stuff costs money.

I need some advice on some stuff thats fun thats free, cuz there's like nothing. UGH! help.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 7th 2010, 03:40 AM

Go out for a run.

Have you heard of runner's high? Running can release feel-good endorphins that might help improve your mood and break the tedium of staying in and watching television.
:)

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 7th 2010, 04:23 AM

O haiii Stephanie !!! We often find our selves caught in what seems like a repetitive cycle that usually gets us stuck in a state of depression. We need to find other things break out of that state. Like the poster above said, maybe you could walk/ run. Or maybe you want to spend time with him; want don't you suggest you want to go for a walk with him? or maybe a visit to the park and cuddle on a bench and talk about random stuffz? Or maybe, if your into sports, head to a basketball court and play some ball at an enjoyable level. There is a lot of things to do, you just need to think outside the box. I hope this helped!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 7th 2010, 04:39 AM

hmmm well i already work out like 2 hours a day when i get home. i do hiphop Abs lol ... it helps... i thaught tho maybe we could tyedye some clothes one day cuz i have a tyedye set and we're hippies lol... but yea... OOO i could get my super soakers out... it's been so hot lately lol

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 7th 2010, 04:47 AM

omg supersoakers Hehe I used to have SO MANY OF THOSE!!! ahhh... those were the days Just look around the house for things... When I was with my ex, we had gotten into the same rut... Then I realized we had a basketball, and we lived in a big city, so we started to go out and do things, and for that time, we enjoyed ourselves so much. Think outside the box, and ideas will come to you And Tyedye'ing is awesomness Yayz

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 11th 2010, 01:58 AM

How about cooking toghther, just cook some simple cholclate chip cookies or lunch syled food.

You could take up sewing small pillows one day, or drawing or take up guitar?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Yale Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Yale Gerber

Re: I'm all sad cuz of repetitiveness - June 12th 2010, 12:35 AM

I find all kind of cool, and cheap/free stuff to do. I love Frisbee, and the other day I found a dollar. So Target has glow stick bracelets for $1. Went and bought some, taped them to a frisbee and played glow in the dark frisbee with a friend. It's just little things in life like that. As simple as they are, glow in the dark or not =p, give it a try. Look for small enjoyments.

But in the end, the most important thing to accept is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too.

Closed Thread