TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 01:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ive been suicidal for 3 days now.

Within those three daysI have managed to kill many friendships. To ruin my job. To make my family pissed at me. And pretty much anything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. And I see no reason to keep fighting.

Truth is, I don't want to die. I want to be happy. I just don't see it happening... I'm such a fuck up. I have therapy tomorrow, and If I don't go she is sening the cops for a "wellness check." Aparently they do that if your therapist is really worried about you. Maybe she should be worried, because I'm worried about me too.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything to stop me. Its like, I'm running a marathon and just jumping over the hertles. Somethings wrong with me and I don't know what to do anymore...

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 01:48 AM

Hey Lacey, I'm really sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. It's absolutely awful when you feel suicidal - so I just wanted to say, first, well done for continuing to fight this. I'm sorry things have gone so wrong, and I understand that can make everything seem even more overwhelming and impossible to sort out. When you're feeling so low already though, it's often really hard to get things in perspective so it might not be as terrible as you think, there will probably be a way to sort these things out. What's happened with your friends and family and your job? Do any of them know how you're feeling at the moment? Would it be worth trying to explain to them - even if you don't tell them everything, just that you're having some issues and really struggling just now?

It's great that you know you don't want to die - and although I completely understand feeling like you'll never be able to be happy again, I really believe that you will. It probably doesn't help much for me to say that, but seriously, things change all the time, how you feel always changes, you CAN get through this and feel good again. It's not all that long since I genuinely felt that it would be better if I killed myself and now I am just so grateful to be alive. Things really can change.

I'm glad you're seeing your therapist tomorrow and I think she's right to be concerned for you. Please try to be as honest as you can about how bad you're feeling; it's the only way she can help you. Hopefully she'll be able to think of a way to help you through this, and help you stay safe. Do you think you'll be alright until you see her? If you don't think you can look after yourself and be safe, is there someone you can talk to or be with? Even if it's just calling a helpline. You're not alone in this. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. Please take care of yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 01:48 AM

Well, what about your boyfriend? I know he loves you and cares about you. And I know you still have friends who care. Hell, I care.

Lacey, everyone hits a rough patch. I know you've had good days, but of course, bad days are going to make you feel hopeless.

I suggest bringing this to the attention of your therapist. Hopefully they can help you figure out some better coping techniques, or try to help you realize that you're better than you think you are. That more people care than you think do. Because I know sometimes it can be hard to believe it, but doesn't mean its not true. And if takes a professional to help you realize such, well, at least they have a better chance.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 03:42 PM

Thanks guys. :\ I'm just notdoing so great anymore...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Purple♥Sky Offline
Where have I been...
Average Joe

Name: Jane

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 06:06 PM

I'm glad to hear that you're in tharapy! I know what its like to be a wreck and destroy everything, I've done that myself and detached myself from everyone and recked my relationship with my boyfriend.
In the end, everything happens for a reason. Maybe your not ment to have that job or those friends anymore.
I know you probably feel desperate and alone...like your falling apart and noone can save you.
But we are here and you are not alone.

When it comes down to it...You just gotta know who you are...and be ok with that.
I'm here to help...anytime.
And I just want some help in return.
I love you all.

Love,
Jane

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Im here to help Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 24th 2010, 02:37 AM

it will be ok your not a screw up life is worth it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 24th 2010, 03:36 AM

First off all, i admire you for even going to an psychologist. when i was sucidal, i didnt wanna "spill out my life story" to a complete stranger.

But, you cant give up. I admit that i was really close to killing my self. But the only thing that keep me from doing it, was that i didnt wanna hurt my friends and family. Think of all the people that you would hurt, esp your parents, they would take it really hard, and for the rest of there lives they will be blamming them selfs that they couldnt provide you a happy life.

Well, i hope you get better. Take it from me (i literallly been there and done that). Feel free to email me if u need more advice id be happy to give it to you
rmaeda93@gmail.com
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 25th 2010, 12:42 AM

How're you doing now? Did you manage to be honest with your therapist?

I really hope you're alright.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 25th 2010, 10:02 PM

I'm actually doing much better, thanks.
I've managed to pull myself out of my hole and keep going. I got really close to it one night and I'm not sure what kept me from ending it but, I'm glad I didn't. Deep down, I know I want to live, I just wish it wasn't SO far down, ya know?
I was honest with my therapist. She is so understanding too, which is really great.

Thanks so much for checking up on me. It means a lot.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 25th 2010, 10:16 PM

I'm really glad you're feeling a bit better now

I'm also glad you managed to stop yourself from doing anything.. I don't know if it's just me but I've found that feeling intensely suicidal is awful and terrifying but thankfully it doesn't usually last too long and eventually I'm always glad I'm still here.. it helps to remember that. I know what you mean, though, it's tough. Well done for managing to be honest with your therapist, that takes a lot of courage, but she sounds lovely.

Take care of yourself, and seriously I'm here if you ever want someone to talk to or anything. I hope things keep getting better.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 26th 2010, 02:59 AM

Thanks Hannah. You seem like a real sweet heart.
Feeling suicidal is completely terrifying. I hate it with a passion. But thanks for the words of encouragement. And, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here as well.

Closed Thread