TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xCrushedx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Advice slipping into a depression - June 23rd 2010, 05:40 AM

hello, well 5 months ago my relationship with my ex ended, him and i were together for 3 years he was my first love my first everything and found out he was lieing to me ect and started fighting alot and after we seperated a few days later i found out he had been cheating on me with two girls from his work and a few days later my friends kept telling me to be strong and get over it and thats what i did, i didnt cry anymore i pretended i wasent hurt and now im hurting more because im slipping into depresstion about it because im scared to get invovled with anyone and im scared to be hurt again and just dont know how to get my self confidance back and get my self over the situatuon and be able to move on in my love life and avoide this depresstion thats dawning on me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Advice slipping into a depression - June 23rd 2010, 01:10 PM

hey.

if your ex is like that means he's a jerk. There are definitely people out there who will treasure and cherish you more than your ex ever will. remember that its just a bad experience, but everyone experiences bad experiences. Even those that are deemed "super lucky individuals " by most other people. And to tell you the truth.. i do not think it is your fault. Just have faith in yourself...

You are a wonderful individual and any guy, any person who gets to know you is considered a very lucky person in his/her own way

and just so you know, nice guys who really care and will do a lot for their loved ones do exist. I'm sure that there's somebody out there just right for you who will take your best interests to heart and definitely care for you a lot. When you find him.. definitely stuff will get a lot better. remember that, and do not forget it.

You can always count on us to help and remember, you're welcome to spill your feelings and thoughts out to us anytime.

caring always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Purple♥Sky Offline
Where have I been...
Average Joe

Name: Jane

Re: Advice slipping into a depression - June 23rd 2010, 07:20 PM

I just wrote a long message and it got deleted....

I'll re-write it latter!!

PM me when ever you wanna talk, cause you and I are kinda going though the same thing!

When it comes down to it...You just gotta know who you are...and be ok with that.
I'm here to help...anytime.
And I just want some help in return.
I love you all.

Love,
Jane

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Purple♥Sky Offline
Where have I been...
Average Joe

Name: Jane

Re: Advice slipping into a depression - June 23rd 2010, 08:47 PM

My boyfriend of 3 years and I also recently broke up, and he basically back stabed me.
You're not only dealing with the end of a relationship, you're dealing with being chated on and lied to.
I am so sorry!
You realllllly need to heal. Its ok to cry and mourn over this ended relationship!! I mean your in a lot of pain! think about all the time and emotion put into this relationship!
But its also ok to give yourself a break and not think about it.

I know you may be scared about trusting and loving again! So give yourself time. This fear is compleatly understandable. It may take a lot of time, even though you might want a relatiohship right away again,but you may not be ready. and thats ok
Just talk to your friends about it and treat yourself well. Its ok to cry, and its ok to treat yourself!!
*hug* PM me anytime!

When it comes down to it...You just gotta know who you are...and be ok with that.
I'm here to help...anytime.
And I just want some help in return.
I love you all.

Love,
Jane

Closed Thread