TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 05:47 PM

I wanted to run away. I really did. I still do. I want to be somewhere where there's no parents and no university and no-one expecting me to do everything. I want to be somewhere where people just leave me well alone and i can be happy and safe, even though i know it's not possible to just leave like that. I have nowhere to go and i'm scared that if I can't take that way out, I'll end up doing something stupid.

I'm sorry. I've having one of my bad days

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jackkk Offline
Leave Me Out With The Waste
Not a n00b

Name: Jack

Re: I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 05:55 PM

Hi Joanna. Sorry to hear you are having a bad day.

Has anything triggered you to feel so overwhelmed? It sounds like you are under pressure from other people and i think you are putting yourself under alot of pressure aswell.

Did you want to try and explain exactly what is bothering you at the moment? Do you not like your course at university? Etc.

Take care,
Jack x

If you want to help me,
let me help you.

I will do my best to try and help everyone.
Dont hesitate to PM Me.

Take care. xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 05:59 PM

I'm really sorry about your bad day. I hope its better for you.
It's allright thouhg.
Everyone has their days when they want to get away from it all.
But you got to look on the bright side =-)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 06:14 PM

I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Honestly, if uni is upsetting you that much then drop it. (I read your other thread) If it's only causing you a lot of stress it really isn't something you should be doing to keep others happy. If they feel "let down" because you want to follow your own dreams, that's their problem. Being nice to others is one thing, but your life is something you live for you. Hang in there and stay strong.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 06:15 PM

Well I'm going to uni in september and I really don't want to [I did post this in another thread earlier] and it feels like everyone expects me to, and they all say I'm beng stupid when I say i don't want to go. I'm stuck in the middle of exams are my parents are getting at me for every little thing and saying I don't pull my weight - bearing in mind I cook, clean and look after my sister whilst trying to revise for my exams. I'm totally exhausted and I'm in a real low at the moment because my self esteem is way down and I'm not very well....I just wish I could be somewhere where I can start again, on my own, with people who don't know me. I know I can't leave because I have a job here and my partner is here, though I'm still tempted to leave. Knowing I can't leave just makes me feel worse - like I'm stuck in a rut. I'm really sorry guys, it just gets on top of me sometimes and brings other stuff up that I hate to think about.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jackkk Offline
Leave Me Out With The Waste
Not a n00b

Name: Jack

Re: I packed my bags - June 24th 2010, 06:45 PM

I have to agree with Liam here. If you are certain uni isnt something you want to do right now, then dont do it. Do it only if/when you are ready. You dont have to go to uni to be successful since successful is defined by your opinion.

Dont worry about what other people expect of you. Worry about what you expect of yourself.

Do you have any money to get away for a weekend with your boyfriend or something? Go camping or something if there is a tight budget?

Take care.

If you want to help me,
let me help you.

I will do my best to try and help everyone.
Dont hesitate to PM Me.

Take care. xx

Closed Thread