TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silverseven Offline
Average Joe

I'm over life - July 20th 2010, 03:34 AM

i don't want to die, i just don't want to have to live. I don't want to have to take pills just to feel good enough to leave my bed... i dont want to have to smoke everynight to feel like i won't kill someone including myself. I'm F**ked basically.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I'm over life - July 20th 2010, 03:47 AM

Hey there,

Your not F**ked. You have to quit thinking that way and start thinking that things can be fixed. I know one of the biggest things that stops me from seeing the good in life is when I think things like that and believe me there I times when I think like that too.

Why are you feeling the way you are exactly? If you can look at your life objectively and deal with one problem at a time you might start to realize that it isn't so overwhelming etc. I know that when situations in our life add up we think about them as a whole instead of taking them apart and dealing with them one at a time. However, when you really think about the things that are causing you concern or pain or sadness you might start to see that they are things that can be dealt with one at a time.

Now, do you have someone you can talk to about all of this? I know talking doesn't seem all that great but in the end it could be really helpful. I know that talking to people really helps me. It doesn't make the problems go away completely but it helps me to see that each problem has some type of solution. And sometimes if I cannot see the solutions having friends or family or my therapist there to talk to and encourage me to keep fighting helps me go on. Their support helps me see that even if I cannot see the solution to the problem I will be okay and with time the problem will be resolved.

Please don't go at this alone instead reach out and ask for support. It can be hard to do but in the end it can prove to be really helpful.

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Silverseven Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm over life - July 20th 2010, 03:58 AM

thank you, but honestly im just bored... and over the same cycle every day it really is mundane to the point where i cannot stand it anymore. I have no objectives , i just want to be "happy"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I'm over life - July 20th 2010, 04:22 AM

Unfortunately, happiness has to be earned. Which basically means you have to suffer a Hell of a lot before you can truly be happy. That's just the way it goes. It's like, a happiness law or something. Sure, it might seem like some people are always happy and never struggle, but most of the time when someone's happy, they've worked extremely hard to get there. And if they haven't, well, they don't know the full extent of happiness.

Imagine being depressed for years, and within time working towards happiness. Imagine how much greater it would feel to achieve it, after you'd been so far from it. Wouldn't that be a great feeling? If you keep living, and trying to fight this, that's how you'll feel one day.

I understand the boredom thing, I've felt like that a lot of times in the past. Life feels useless and pointless sometimes, it's true. But you need to create your own purpose in life. Sitting around waiting for something to come along and make you happy isn't the way to go about things. You need to get out, and look for a person, an activity, anything, that will make you happy. Do new things, meet new people. Mix things up a little bit. Learn to play an instrument, do some volunteer work, do anything that you think will help you feel a little bit less worthless. Every little bit helps.

The longer you suffer, the more amazing it will feel to find happiness again in the future. Just try to remember that. Things will turn out right.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
itsmekt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm over life - July 23rd 2010, 07:14 AM

I so understand you. I feel that way too. I don't want to live but I don't want to die. I just feel like I'm in this weird state of being. I don't feel like getting up ever. And I don't want to live my life which sucks cause I feel like I'm just wasting away doing nothing but it's like I don't care. This probably doesn't help you at all haha. But just know that if your f**ked well then I am too so we'll be f**ked together

Closed Thread