TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dodgerider Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Really? You don't understand - August 30th 2010, 04:42 AM

Alright, well my depression started when I was about 8 years old. That's when they took my mother away from me. Sadly i never meet my dad; they sent me to my aunts(who I've never seen). Happily my mom did come back
Later on about a year later.

My life has been screwed up for so long. Many disappointments. I truely haven't been happy in over 10 years.

I really dont know what to do! I have no connection with anyone in my family.

Theirs a lot more to this; but this is pointless

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Really? You don't understand - August 30th 2010, 04:59 AM

Firstly, welcome to Teenhelp!

Sounds like things in the past have hurt you a lot. Have you tried talking to someone about it such as a trusted adult or a councillor. Maybe they can try and help you overcome what your going through and deal with what happened to you in the past.

Or you can try joining groups with interests that make you happy such as a sporting or music group? That could try taking your mind of things.

I hoped I helped. Message me if you need anything or need someone to talk to.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Really? You don't understand - August 30th 2010, 05:04 AM

I've never known my father either dude. I feel separated from my adoptive family. I'm forever the outsider - just see the quote below, that's been my life. I was the loner in high school, my life sucked, I don't think I remember one truly happy day from adolescence and if I had one it was fleeting at best. Today I'm finally living my dream in California at Warner Brothers with execs who are father-figures helping me get to where I need to be.

The purpose of the above? This may be the worst time of your life, but that doesn't impact where you'll be in the future. Anything can happen to you dude. You've held on this long, meaning your a survivor and I have a good feeling that things will work out in your life. Every dog has their day, today it's theirs - but the future is yours. Our family or feelings of being alone doesn't define us, it's what we do with what we're given and never giving up.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Really? You don't understand - August 30th 2010, 07:16 AM

Indeed you are a survivor as THePunkAlien said, and you are living proof that through extremities of these hard times. All i can really say is that i know good times are around the corner, and you need to hold on a little bit longer. You need to find happiness that is in reach of you right now, and grasp it, hold on to it. Look at your dreams or your goals, think about them, know they are a reality and they will be achieved, if you don't have any, now is the time to explore them, to find them.

Better days are on their way, and if you ever need help, this community is here for you, now that you are a member here. Anytime you need someone to talk to, PM me!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Red face Re: Really? You don't understand - August 30th 2010, 01:12 PM

Hey,

Maybe its worth talking to someone about. If you feel there is hardly a connection with anyone in your family a good thing to do, is point it out. Maybe you could talk through your feelings with someone you trust, there are many people that can help. Counsellors, family, friend (s)...and also the support on here.

If you need to talk about anything, please PM me, I am more than happy to help.

Lex-Fauzia

Closed Thread