TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Luka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luka

Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 12th 2010, 05:25 PM

Plenty of people do, I don't believe them. By people I mean internet friends. I have no real friends. I have no-one, I have no future and I suck in the world of work too. I am going to end up living on the street, I can't cope anymore, everything is too much, life is so utterly unfair I hate it. The only thing that made it ok was love but that is gone forever. I have screwed everything up. If I were to die nobody would notice. Except for a "Where have you been lately?" On my TeenHelp profile. I have nothing to live for, why shouldn't I go.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 12th 2010, 05:34 PM

Hey Luka.

I really think I can relate with you. I too don't have any real friends, and I spend a lot of my time inside, online. I struggle in the real world, I can't get myself a job, and I don't know what to do with my time.

Life is unfair, and everyone goes through this one time or another. But you can get through this. You need to find something that you like to do and embrace it. I'm not sure what age you are, as to whether you're in school or not. But if you focus on that, then I'm sure you will be fine. Or maybe you're age the age of getting a job. I know it can be hard but it's a good way of getting yourself out into the real world to meet new people and make something of yourself.

Love in your life isn't gone forever, maybe just a past relationship is. But you will find love again. But if you can't love yourself, how do you expect someone else to love you? Finding a relationship shouldn't be your main priority now. Finding yourself a fun and entertaining lifestyle should be.

I know it's hard. Why don't you message me, and we can talk about it some more? I know things will be okay, they always will. Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MidnytexRayne Offline
Confused Writer....
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rayne

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 12th 2010, 07:45 PM

You remind me of me.. I have 2 offline friends, Who i don't see much because they work, I can get a job but after a month or a week or a few days, i get fired.. And I'm almost 28 and STILL.. yes i said STILL.. living home with my parents.

Wow.. you are so totally the male version of me, aside from the having no friends thing.. I'm, sure your net friends will miss you a lot, esp if you've known them for years.. [i have a friend I've known since i was 16 or 17 yrs old and i know he'd miss me if i passed on]

As for the love part.. There's someone out there for everyone.. and you may think there's no one out there for you NOW.. but somewhere down the line, you'll find that one person that drives you wild [In a good way] And everything will fall into place.

You may be sad about how things are going for your life but only YOU can change it. No one else... think positive, it'll be okay in the end.. you just have to work for everything you get. May take hard work and determination but you can succeed in anything.

If you need to talk, I'm always here. =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Luka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 14th 2010, 03:23 PM

Thanks :/ I don't go to school.. Haven't for several years cos of complications

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 14th 2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylalatbh. View Post

I really think I can relate with you. I too don't have any real friends, and I spend a lot of my time inside, online. I struggle in the real world, I can't get myself a job, and I don't know what to do with my time.
I know this feeling. But, I do have a couple real-life friends, even then they hardly want to see me. I went to the county fair this weekend, ended up having a stomach bug for a couple days. I think I'm a borderline hermit, and thats shot my immune system.

I've been looking for work consistently for almost 1 1/2 years, with no luck. I do pretty horrible in the real world, and am pretty isolated. I'm almost 23 and live at home, since I can't find work to get out of the house.

Only hope I'm holding on to right now is my boyfriend, who I actually met online. We met in person and things went great. And well, since he works, he's going to save up so we can move in together. He understands that I'm unable to find work, unable to manage it, etc.

So, its not completely hopeless, I mean, the internet could really help you meet people you'd normally never meet, great people, ya know?

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Luka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 15th 2010, 06:35 AM

Yeah I guess :/ I am just so sick of life, it has been so unfair to me... Only thing it has given me is cool hair Argh.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 15th 2010, 08:21 AM

Well, it may suck now, but something will eventually come along and make it better, even if only by a tiny bit. Believe me.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SuperSaiyan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 16th 2010, 03:43 PM

Find something to live for! If life gives you lemons squeeze them in its eyes! If life fucks you up - GO AND FUCKING FUCK IT UP WORSE!

Find something to live for. work hard and give it your best at whatever - study, sports, become a whore, do whatever just find something! Im sure you will - everyone does

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 18th 2010, 04:43 PM

Luka,

Life is hard, I'm thirteen and I know that already. But there is always a reason to live, even when all hope seems to be gone. You DO have a future, every second that we live in this world counts. Find something you love to do. Maybe you're an extremely talented artist, or you can read music very well. Find something that counts, and matters to you, and life will have meaning.

Don't be discouraged if working is hard. It's hard for everyone.

I can't promise you that everything is going to be alright, I might never be able to promise that to anyone. But I can promise you that if you're at rock bottom, the only way to go is up.

Lots of love,

Eclipse

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Luka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 18th 2010, 06:02 PM

Thanks I try to stay positive...But it's fading :/ It seems I am at rock bottom then it just gets worse

(#11 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 18th 2010, 06:39 PM

Luka,

Please hang in there because it can get better. It may seem like you have nothing to live for now but that can so easily change. You know, last year I had, in my mind, very little to live for. I had no friends, I didn't feel loved, I really only had this site. But, I ended up making friends and I slowly started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That can happen for you too. I don't know when but it can and it would be a shame for you to miss out on seeing your life taking a turn for the better. Something I try to live by is if things keep getting worse I must not have hit rock bottom and if I haven't hit rock bottom then I have every reason to keep fighting.

Keep fighting for yourself, be reason enough. I know that is easier said then done but I have found that when I am really struggling I hang on to MY goals for MY future and it helps. When I begin to realize that if I were to harm myself I wouldn't be able to get to where I want to be it soothes me and stops me from doing anything stupid. Maybe that will help you too?

You can pull through this you just have to try and stay positive and if you are having trouble with that come here and we will help you.

Please hang in there and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Luka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Somebody tell me it will be alright. - September 19th 2010, 03:48 PM

Thank you

Closed Thread