TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Funstewie2590 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

no hope - November 16th 2010, 03:37 AM

I am a 16 year old boy with nice car, nice room, nice everything. But the thing is I just dont feel wanted. Yeah everybody says your family loves you. I know that but i dont feel it and i dont have a good relationship with my family. My friends tell me you'll be fine you have us. Well they just dont understand. I have alot of friends but I just cant get get the satifaction of being wanted. The reason i feel like this is I really dont have anybody to turn to. I never had a girl in my life to help me through thing and really know me and know when i'm down and know how to cheer me up. People are probably going to say 'hey dont worry there will be someone for you. Your young and youll find someone' People tell me that all the time and you know what all it does is it makes me feel worse. i'm not very attractive and i always screw things up with girls and they break my heart and i just get worse. i guess i just take life day by day and wait for things to happen but things just suck in my life

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nihilism Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: no hope - November 16th 2010, 03:50 AM

Hello. I can understand your situation. You don't feel needed. You don't have a good family relationship with your parents for you to rely on your parents or for them to rely on you. Your friends seem to be just 'friends' no besties, not exactly someone who truly understands you. They can say they will be there for you, but honestly who knows?

People who do care can say not a word of being there for you, but you can know it just from how you guys interact.

As for the girls, they'll come. Don't be in a relationship simply for the sake of being in a relationship. It takes time to make bonds for good friends and time to find someone worth caring for-as well as a someone that might care for you in return.

And things might suck right now, but if you take it day by day and find people to truly care about you, then things will change.

As for the people who said you are young and can figure this out, they are right. I am in the same sitaution in a way. Find meaning and find people who are real and won't give you some gooey-mushy dishonestly about what they say how they're your buds, but how they act different about it in reality.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Funstewie2590 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: no hope - November 16th 2010, 03:55 AM

i do have friends that will be there where ever or when ever i need it but they just dont know what i feel like or how i feel. when i tell them there like well you have me well i do but i just cant feel wanted when i hang out with them i have known them forever and there pretty much my brothers but i just cant get the feeling of being wanted

Closed Thread