TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Unhappy I don't know what to do. - January 3rd 2011, 09:31 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just feel really helpless. Everyone thought I was getting better...I thought so as well. But I'm not. I'm spiraling downwards again. And no-one can see it because I make everyone believe that nothings wrong, that I'm ok.
I had an argument with one of my friends on MSN today. It started with him apparently joking around by calling me a kid because I don't stay up as late as him and that I should "stay up with the grown-ups". I got really angry when he said that even though I knew he was joking. I said that I didn't want him ever to say that again to me and his remark? "Is it your time of the month?" I said that I didn't appreciate him calling me a kid and he said that I'll live. He said that I needed to grow up and that I was mad about nothing. He said that I need to have a nap and that I won't get respect until maybe tomorrow because I got angry over nothing. He told me to have a cry and that life is tough. He told me that he's seen a lot more worse things then me going through depression, that he's already compared his life to mine and that depression is like a stroll in the park when he compares it.
It made me so angry because he's never had depression before. Sure, his family might have gone through some rough times but he shouldn't have said that because he doesn't understand what it's like to have depression. I just really want to end my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I am lonley Offline
Average Joe

Name: Phil

Re: I don't know what to do. - January 3rd 2011, 09:40 AM

Heyy Dreaming <3 i'm sorry to here about this, it's not worth killing your self over hun, Were are all here for you, Feel free to PM me anytime Try and block him out, block him out if it coms to it, do you see him like at school? Or collage? (if you go to collage ) If you do try and talk to him and exaplin whats its like?

I hope you feel better soon!!

"Superman told me that we needed to make a double type of record.. and so I answered, and I said ok superman, we will make a double type of record, but it won't be a double album because batman didn't want a double album."

~Daron Malakian

..."Robin did, though."

~Serj Tankian

..I'm looking far and wide for love.. care to help ..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: I don't know what to do. - January 3rd 2011, 04:13 PM

Hey Rianna,

To be completely honest I think he was out of order to say those things. Ok, he might have had a tough time but so are you and I don't think anyone's troubles should be compared with anyone else's. Everyone's feelings are just as important and valid as someone else's and should be respected individually not compared. It's really good that you were able to tell him how you felt and that you didn't appreciate his comments and I'm sorry that you didn't get a plesant reaction. I think you've explained how you feel really well in this post, how would you feel about writing him a message just like you have here explaining how you feel and that you don't feel it was fair for him to say those things? You have every right to be listened to and respected.

It's hard when you're going through a hard time but yet you put on that front that everything is ok to the people around you Once you start wearing that mask it can be really difficult to put down again but you've been able to do that here which is a great first step and you're not alone. Try to look at how much good you do on this site and how much you're cared about here. I understand that on this site it isn't always the same as 'real life' but things aren't hopeless and you're definitely not helpess. You can fight through this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: I don't know what to do. - January 4th 2011, 02:25 AM

Rianna,
You don't need to feel badly because of this guy. He's never been through depression so he wouldn't understand. You don't change based on anyone's perception of you. You are mature. You have a valid reason to feel the way you do. Depression is a very real very harsh thing to deal with. None of that is affected by people's words. Hang in there and know you're a strong person for fighting through this

Just Keep Breathing

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: I don't know what to do. - January 4th 2011, 06:12 AM

I think what he said was out of order and that you have every right to feel angry with him. He doesn't understand what it's like, and therefore shouldn't have commented at all. I'm glad you told him how you felt and ever so sorry that he reacted like he did.
Struggling as you are, I can imagine this was the last thing you needed to hear.
The problem with everyone else thinking your okay, means the support and understanding you receive from others changes, try and bring those walls down, try and let people in so you can get some more support.
Look after yourself sweetpea and keep safe.
xox

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

Closed Thread