TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Feeling suicidal - June 9th 2011, 08:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really want to end it.
I can't do this anymore.

Please help me

Drew

Last edited by Loving Linux Penguin; June 17th 2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Editing into constructive post that fits TOS
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Quirinus Offline
Jeremyjoltasaur^ namechange ;)
Average Joe

Name: Jeremy

Re: i have made up my mind - June 9th 2011, 09:02 AM

Hey Drew, I can see that things are pretty tough for you right now, but please don't give up, So many people care about you, on TH and in real life. Me personally I don't know you but i do care about you, I wouldn't like to see you hurt yourself in a way that you can't take back.. Suicide is the selfish way out, and a permanent solution for something that can be fixed. Please keep fighting this, it will get better if you believe it will get better. I'm here if you ever want to PM me

If i held my ground
Would you ask me to
Change? This drought
Bleeds on now we're
Dancing for rain.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brianna

Re: i have made up my mind - June 9th 2011, 08:31 PM

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this is your only option right now. I know suicide can seem so simple, but it's really not. It's a temporary action for a temporary situation. If you've come this far, I know you can make it through. Please don't give up. I'm not sure what your support system is with your family and friends, but you've at least got a great support system here on TH. Take advantage of it! If you need anything, please PM me. I'll be there for you to talk/vent to. I'll be glad to listen. I'll be glad to talk. Just please keep pushing through this.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." --John Lennon

"What matters isn't that you fell, but that you got back up. No matter how many times it takes, it's that you get back up. We fall down and all isn't lost." --Renee Yohe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: i have made up my mind - June 9th 2011, 09:44 PM

Hey Drew,

I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going very well for you.. That's terrible. Can you tell us why things aren't going well? Is there anything imparticular that you'd like to talk about? I think that might give us a little bit more room to provide help for you because we do care about you, and we want you to be okay.

Life is definitely challanging sometimes. There are high points, and then there are low points. And sometimes, it can seem like the only thing happening is low points, but I promise you that there are better times to come. Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. The circumstances that you're being put through, you can't control those, but you can try to control your outlook and perspective on them. You're not going to be able to change all of the bad things that are happening, but some of them are changable if you can just take a step back and look at them from a new angle.

I know that we've only talked once or twice on here maybe, but I'd really like to get to know you better and maybe even be able to help you. I know a lot of the members on TeenHelp feel the same way. We're all here just waiting for you to reach out and ask for help. It can be hard sometimes, and even scary, but we're all here waiting for you to do it so that we can be of assistance and make sure you know that there are people who care about you. We're all right here. TeenHelp has over 10,000 members on it. That's 10,000 in the world that you can talk to and connect with.

I really hope that you don't decide to end things. You are important, and you're a part of this TeenHelp community. We're all here for you.

Take care of yourself, please.
You deserve so much more.

-Kaylaaa<3

Please send me a message if there's anything at all that I could help you with, or even just listen to while you talk about it. I'm always here. I'm always waiting.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
abigailkristen Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i have made up my mind - June 10th 2011, 03:48 AM

Don't end it!
Drew, you don't deserve to let evil in; you have been blessed with this life, GOD wants you to live it. He wants you to prosper, and to be happy. I promise joy will come; and you may be down now, but times will get better! Everyone goes through trials and hard times, but drew; just giving up isn't the way to handle it! Your an amazing person. You DO NOT deserve to be taken over by death, CONQUER IT! Because God, and i know you can.

You can do anything through Christ who gives you strength. <3
Phillipians 4: 13.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i have made up my mind - June 11th 2011, 06:43 AM

i dont think i can do this anymore
im hanging on by a thread
i have it planned out
i dont think it will ever get better for me
im sorry if im rambling...uggh
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: i have made up my mind - June 11th 2011, 03:10 PM

Don't give up! You have so many people that want to see you through all of this! I know you can make it! Please, take advantage of all the people supporting you on TH. I know you can do this!

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." --John Lennon

"What matters isn't that you fell, but that you got back up. No matter how many times it takes, it's that you get back up. We fall down and all isn't lost." --Renee Yohe

(#8 (permalink)) Old
skriltex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i have made up my mind - June 12th 2011, 03:17 AM

Im sure there are many people who wouldnt want to see you go, please dont do it, things always get better.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 02:22 AM

you are horrible to tell him to do it and worse for the name calling. Honestly I have thought about it to Drew. You are strong, you have made it this far and have even still been hanging on. I believe in you, I know there has to be a better reason to live than the way our lives are right now. Honestly though I don't see how it could be all that selfish on only one persons account. You see my take on suicide however stupid or unwarented it may be is that how can it be "the selfish way out"? Is it really selfish to want out? To want to set yourself free from this world? Yes we may not all know what is waiting for us on the other side but would you want to be living through this pain? would you want your loved one to be living through so much pain everyday that they don't even want to wake up in the morning? I ask these questions because If it is selfish for one to commit suicide then it has to be selfish of the other people to want them to live through this. So here I am being selfish right with you. I am selfishy asking you not to kill yourself. I can feel that you are strong and I know you can make it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 06:54 AM

seriously Help4? one post and its saying that? im sorry but you shouldnt be here if thats ur attitude. Drew please dont do this. i love you, we can talk you thru it <3

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 06:59 AM

goodbye everyone..i love you
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
zucks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexa

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 07:15 AM

Please don't. Things will get better.

"...and I've lost who I am, and I can't understand.."

Here for anyone.. PM me or add me, anything.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 08:11 AM

Sometimes life does seem hard and suicide seems like the good option but it's not trust me. You need to and can learn how to cope with painful emotions. I don't know whats going on for you in your life to make you want out but I would strongly urge you to consider counselling. Life can be great and yes there are times when everything does seem to hard but you can work through things with the help of others. pm me anytime
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: i have made up my mind - June 13th 2011, 02:41 PM

Please don't do this! There are so many people that are willing and want to help you through this. Keep holding on! Suicide isn't the answer, but a permanent solution to a problem that's only temporary. Things will get better, I promise!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i have made up my mind - June 14th 2011, 05:51 AM

what happened last night pushed me over the edge
i cant do this anymore..i just cant

people are just better off without me here*cries harder*
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: i have made up my mind - June 14th 2011, 09:33 PM

I'm not sure what happened to you last night to make you feel even worse. But trust me, people aren't better off without you. Things will get better in time, I promise. Please keep on fighting this.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Re: i have made up my mind - June 16th 2011, 01:56 AM

Please hold on. Whatever it is you WILL make it through, you are strong and you can do this I know it! We all care about you so no our lives would not be better without you.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i have made up my mind - June 17th 2011, 08:41 AM

i just cant hold on anymore
im sorry guys
what that asshole said to me in this thread cut me to the bone

i cant do this...im dangerously close to giving up right now
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Rob45 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Robin

Re: i have made up my mind - June 17th 2011, 09:31 AM

I know you feel like your life sucks but suicide is by no means the solution to the pain you feel. Once you are gone you are fucking GONE.
Maybe you already know this and just don't care? Do you feel like there is nothing to live for? Drew (and anyone else who thinks this), I must be honest. That excuse is some bullshit.
Nothing to live for? To say that implies that you have literally done EVERYTHING there is to do on this earth.
Have you climbed Mt. Everest? Fuck no, you haven't.
Have you taught yourself to survive in the woods with only a knife made of flint and a goddamn loincloth. No, Bitch.
This world has so much to offer. There are countless experiences that are both fulfilling and beautiful. My point is- stop dinking around by yourself and wallowing in misery (as hard as this may seem) Get the fuck out of your house or your cave or wherever else you may live and do something that you have never done. The pursuance of such experiences will provide you something to think about besides your discontent and it maybe, just maybe, can even bring you happiness.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeZara Offline
Zaraaa;D
Not a n00b

Name: Zaraa:)

Re: i have made up my mind - June 17th 2011, 03:43 PM

Hey Drew,
Don't think that way. I understand that things are pretty rough for you right now, but running away from your problems might make things seem better, but think of how many problems you're creating for all the people who care for you and love you. Instead of doing that maybe you could try get help, or talk to trusted family members. I'm always here if you need me.
-Zara.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: i have made up my mind - June 17th 2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss You View Post
i just cant hold on anymore
im sorry guys
what that asshole said to me in this thread cut me to the bone

i cant do this...im dangerously close to giving up right now
Drew, don't worry about that user. He's just a troll. That's ONE person, Drew. The rest of us want you to stay. You CAN stay. I know you can.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#22 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 17th 2011, 04:18 PM

Don't listen to people like that. Show them just how strong you are by beating all this. Out of all the people on this thread, one decided to be a jerk. Don't let him get to you. The rest of us truly care and want to see you get through this. We all believe in you and know you can beat this.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 17th 2011, 11:08 PM

There's a simple solution to this:

Make new friends!

I know it sounds difficult, but just lift your head up and greet the light of a bright new day: Your life is a masterpiece waiting to be led up from the golden stairs of despair to the embrace of the pale clouds of joy above. The only evil barring your path is the feeling that you are going to fail in the discovery of the guide to lead you to happiness. And if you let the evil cast you into oblivion, then how will you ever make it to the top? Ignore his whisperings in your ear, and just keep on walking.

*cough*

Er... Poetic mood hit me. But in other words, ignore wanting to die, stand up and greet the light of a new day; if you welcome it, it will pick you up and guide you to happiness.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 17th 2011, 11:15 PM

Diana didn't get to stay alive.
And do you feel happy about that? No, you don't. So imagine people feeling the same way about you.
Live your life. Live it for Diana if you have to. Keep. Going.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#25 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 18th 2011, 08:33 AM

i love you all
but i am at the end of my rope

Please help me

Last edited by Loving Linux Penguin; June 21st 2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Making minor change to fit TOS
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
samantha:)x Offline
ASmileCanHideAMillionTear s
Not a n00b

Name: samantha

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 18th 2011, 12:19 PM

Dont do this please x
  Send a message via MSN to samantha:)x  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 18th 2011, 06:05 PM

Please don't do this, Drew. You're not in anyone's way. We all care about you and want to see you get through this.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
sono34 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 19th 2011, 03:28 AM

Drew,

As you can tell from the posts that people have left you, we all care about you. While reading the multiple posts you have written, it is heart breaking to hear that such a young and bright person like you is being pushed to the edge to commit suicide.

Suicide is never the answer, it does not solve anything, your problems will still stay with you. Please try to rethink about everything, and talk to anybody. Everyone on TH is here to help and listen.

Please stay safe.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 21st 2011, 05:56 AM

I want to leave tonight
its my fault that everything bad happened to me...

like they say:

bad things happen to bad people

love you all sooooo very much

Last edited by Loving Linux Penguin; June 21st 2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Minor change to fit with TOS
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: donna

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 21st 2011, 01:05 PM

Please don't do this!!! Put it off a little longer, you can die anytime, you don't need to do it now. You can't change your mind once your dead.
It isn't your fault and it WILL get better.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 21st 2011, 11:30 PM

None of this is your fault. Please don't do this. We all know you're stronger than this. Please don't let it end like this.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 21st 2011, 11:47 PM

Drew, this is NOT your fault, Buddy. I promise you, it's not.

Bad things happen to EVERYBODY, Drew. I bet you that every single one of us has had bad things happen to us. And I don't think any single person in this thread is a bad person. Please hold on. We all care about you SO MUCH and we want to help you get through this.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#33 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Feeling suicidal - June 22nd 2011, 06:08 PM

For the love of God Drew. Don't do this. We've went through this, you are an inspiration. You are an amazing person. Your stories inspire me, you've fought off so much, and you are still running! Don't harm yourself. Ruseel wouldn't want it that way, I don't want it that way. Keep surviving.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread