TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just MeMyself&I
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn Elizabeth

I tried - June 20th 2011, 08:44 PM

I tried. I tried to be the perfect daughter,the perfect person. But NO! It wasn't good enough... Today just a few minutes ago,my mom got mad at me for getting a drink. And I've had the same drink still full for like 2 hours! She told me she was gonna start making me drink water and that I was going to get kidney disease. I exercise,I eat right,whats the problem? And yesterday my grandfather got made at ME because my grandmother made these comments about my brother and I disagreed. I feel like I should be able to have an opinion if she gets to have one. But,evidently,he didn't agree.My grandfather and I have always had a wonderful relationship but not now. I feel like everything around me is falling down. I feel like I have no future,I have no one. And yesterday after the icident with him,I just kept thinking "I need to cut,I need to cut." I haven't. Yet. But still its always on my mind. I'm not perfect.Cut.I'm not worthy.Cut. I just all this pain to go away. But it seems like it never will.

~Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
~Eventually the time will come when the pain it takes to stay will become greater than the pain it takes to go.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: I tried - June 21st 2011, 03:26 AM

Hey sweetie,

I see things are pretty hard for you right now. I'm sorry for that, you deserve so much better.

First off though, you don't have to be perfect. You're perfect as you. That is how you are perfect. You can't try to make yourself fit anyone else's or your own idea of perfect. No one is perfect. Sure it seems like it, but everyone has flaws.

I know how it is to feel like everyone is out to get you, or to disagree with you. But not everyone is, and things will get better. Parents and other relatives, so I've noticed, have a very high tendency to take out stress on their kids/grandkids/whatever even though it's not right...but sometimes all you can do is bite your tounge and deal with it. It will pass, and things will get easier.

Cutting isn't good, but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that for you to know it. It helps, sure, but only temporarily. And it's extremely addictive. Please, try to find other ways to take out your frustrations and hurt. Whether it's through drawing, painting, listening to music, or screaming into a pillow or something else, you can find something else to do in place of SH. It'll take some time to find the right fit, but you can.

Feel free to Add/PM/VM if you ever need to talk. I'm online a lot.

Keep your chin up and stay strong! You can get through this!

Best of luck,
Nikki

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just MeMyself&I
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn Elizabeth

Re: I tried - June 21st 2011, 03:44 AM

Thank you. That made me really think things over. I really appreciate it

~Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
~Eventually the time will come when the pain it takes to stay will become greater than the pain it takes to go.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: I tried - June 21st 2011, 04:10 AM

It's no problem! and like I said, anytime you need to talk please don't hesitate to PM/VM me

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

Closed Thread