TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   Triggering (Suicide): What's the point? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t93063-whats-point/)

Speckled Gecko January 18th 2012 02:42 PM

What's the point?

I don't know what to do! Don't even know what to say really...
So sick of everything, i seem to be a perfect target for meaningless nastiness from strangers, hate myself sooooooooo much, cannot cope with talking to my therapist, and everything else, it's all too much. I know it all sounds really stupid, i probably am being stupid!! ARGHH. The only thing keeping me here is the thought of my parents hating me for it. Just don't know what to do!
Sophie
p.s thanks for reading my rubbish.

Blair January 18th 2012 03:57 PM

Re: What's the point?

Sophie, love, first off that's not stupid at all. Feeling like there's no real reason to keep going, like therapy isn't working, and like you don't wanna wake up some mornings is what happens when you're depressed. Often it's a result of feeling outof place or maybe getting hurt one too many times. I've been there pretty recently to be honest. The thing that pulls me back is always the same: I don't wanna give up on the world. You're 17. So I'm gonna assume there are places on this earth you havent seen...beautiful ones and probly lots of them. There are people who you would adore who you've never met. There is someone out there who needs your kindness. Maybe it's a girl quite like you who's going through a lot, someone younger who would look up to you. Maybe it's a stray who could use a home. You have one gift to give the world and that gift is you. So please stay. Stay because you're deeply loved and because you're needed here.

Pre9428 January 19th 2012 10:53 AM

Hang in there. You have the chance to make your life whatever you want it to be. It may take a while, so you've gotta hold on. In the end it'll all be worth it.

PM me if you want to talk.

Speckled Gecko January 29th 2012 05:13 PM

Thank you both for your reply. I'm feeling better agian at the moment. It was very kind of you to read my stuff and reply to me!!
Sophie Xx

minniemouseprincess January 29th 2012 06:17 PM

You're not stupid babe, you are just going through hard times. It won't be like this forever, I know it won't. You said though that you can't cope with talking to your therapist about stuff. I think you're gonna have to hun=( You don't need to tell him/her everything in one sitting. Take it slow. Maybe then it will be easier. And some visits, you don't have to say anything if you REALLY feel like you can't. Thats fine. But I have a feeling once you open up to them about some of this stuff, it will be a load off your shoulders and make you feel better. She/he won't make judgements on you or anything, they are there to help you. That's their job. I bet you are a very wonderful girl and I know you deserve to live. If you ever need anything, im here=)

MusicIsEverything January 29th 2012 11:59 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I think it would be so much better just to end it sometimes... It really really hurts. :(