TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
veggirl21 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm stuck. - January 29th 2012, 08:56 PM

I'm a sixteen year old girl. The last month has been really, really hard. Before that, I've had ups and downs like any teenager, but in the last month I've been down more than ever. Given, I'm working through some relationship issues, so that's part of it.

I'm not suicidal, the future just seems so far away and so bleak lately. Also, a few months ago I went on the birth control patch for health issues,, and I've read that can cause depression... IDK if I'm actually depressed or if it's just another down, though.

I'm happy when I'm busy doing things (playing games, hanging out, even school stuff for the most part). I don't really look forward to them, but once I force myself to get involved I enjoy it, or can at least let go and relax a bit.

I've talked to a few people about different parts of what's bothering me, but it doesn't seem to help, it just makes me think about it more and thinking about it all the time just makes it worse.

Suggestions?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: I'm stuck. - January 29th 2012, 10:40 PM

Hello,
Im sorry you have had a hard month.You could be depressed, but you didnt give very much information on how you feel sad. Is it a once a day, once a week, or a less or more often thing? How long have you felt like this? It could just be a short amount of time thing. But it might not be.
When you are feeling sad or depressed, try to keep yourself as busy as possible. You won't have a chance to be sad. Do the things you love to do.
Hope this help somewhat.

This is brutally beautiful.
So are we.
This is endless.
So are we.
We can heal this.
Signed,
Crater Face
P.S. See me for who I am.
We’ve got work to do.-Buddy Wakefield
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
Closed Thread