TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WarriorGirl999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maryann

Unhappy I'm depressed....(and new....) - February 3rd 2012, 03:24 AM

I've been suffering depression since freshman or sophomore year of high school...I graduated, but I'm still very lonely and depressed.......I don't talk to any of my cousins, and never hang out with them......in my Sophomore year of high school, I was really depressed because I didn't have many friends at all........every weekend I was always home by myself and I hung out with my mom and I realized that I had no real friends.......I'm an only child.....I felt like people thought I shouldn't even be alive.....even now..... I even thought of suicide.....I feel unappreciated.....like no one cares.....no one asks me if I'm ever okay........well......I'M NOT OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!I wish they understood that I'm lonely and they seem happier than me.....I wish my friends cared more about me too.............I feel worthless and I'm nothing.........
  Send a message via AIM to WarriorGirl999 Send a message via MSN to WarriorGirl999 Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorGirl999 Send a message via Skype™ to WarriorGirl999 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I'm depressed....(and new....) - February 3rd 2012, 06:31 AM

Im sorry sweetheart=( You aren't worthless though and in no way are you nothing. You DO mean something and you are important. You don't need anyone to tell you that. I know how it feels to feel like you wanna die or to be lonely and not have many friends. I think I can relate more on the lonely and not many friends side of things though. I know it can hurt a lot=( But you know what, if you want a new friend, at least on here, i'll be happy to be your friend=) I'd like that very much=) I can't say too much more cause I gotta go to bed now. But I just hope this small message helps and that you remember you aren't alone. A lot of people have been through the same stuff. You have all of us to help=)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
duckiedancer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm depressed....(and new....) - February 4th 2012, 02:18 AM

Hi Maryann,
I could same I'm sorry to hear that or I hear you there, but in reality I've had a similar experience. I lost all of my friends like the decided in 8th grade that I wasn't good enough for them anymore. My suggestion to you would be to socialize. Meet and hang out with your cousins. Go bowling, or just spend time with them. Join a group of some sort. But please realize that you are loved. You just need to find them or they find you. Trust me when you get friends, you will realize how amazing it is. So for now instead of focusing on the negative, look on the bright side of things: like even if it's sunny outside, or you got a new tshirt. just the little things, you are not worthless, don't lose hope. I believe in you. If you ever need to talk, just pm me.

Closed Thread