TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Old bunny with a broken leg - September 8th 2014, 11:38 AM

My rabbit, Apple, is over 8 and a half years old. She's a dwarf bunny, so they don't live as long as the bigger ones. Somehow, when we were away on holiday she got a broken leg. We don't know whether she had a fall in her two story hutch or if the people who were looking after her dropped her by an accident. But she's really ill.

We decided we were going to try and get her better instead of put her down. I'm really worried though, because she's technically my sister's rabbit but I'm doing all the care because my sister can't be bothered. And I'm so scared she'll die on my watch. :/ I'm scared my sister will blame me. I'll blame me. She's so sweet and she sits there and licks my hand and she doesn't bite or growl even though she must be in so much pain. It's breaking my heart.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Old bunny with a broken leg - September 8th 2014, 06:53 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your pet. I don't know if I am going to be much help, but I'll try to help you out to the best of my abilities. What have you done up until this point in trying to help your pet's broken leg? Have you tried taking her to the Vet's and getting an x-ray done on her broken leg? If not, then I suggest that you take her as soon as possible, but if you have, then what has the vet said that you should do? You could always put a splint on the broken leg, but I suggest that you take her to the vet so that the vet can show you what you what to do at home.

But, you also said that she is also sick. Is she taking any medications to help her feel better and heal? If she continues to get worse, I think the best decision would be to put her down because I wouldn't want her to suffer and be in pain all the time.

Overall, I think you should really take your pet to the vet's to get a second opinion on what is the best option to take.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Old bunny with a broken leg - September 8th 2014, 07:53 PM

We went to the vet, she had an xray. Then we had to decide whether or not to put her down. The vet said that if she was her rabbit, he would try and get her better. I didn't make the decision because she belongs to my sister (even though I'm the one looking after her). My sister and mum decided to try. So she had surgery and now has the bone pinned and it's strapped up in a cast. She's not sick from anything else, but she has the risk of getting an infection. She has painkillers and antibiotics.

I'm so scared she'll die when I'm looking after her, because then my sister would hate me. :/

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread