TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Doggy issue. - August 13th 2010, 06:22 PM

We got two new puppies a few months ago, a boy and a girl. The start of last week, the girl came on heat but the other two dogs (the pup and the one we've had years now who is a boy as well) didn't seem that interested like we worried they would and everything was great. That was until recently, the boy pup is.. hopping on shall we say and the girl is doing the usual thing of clasping (I couldn't think of the right word) onto him. The problem is, they both start to pull away, both still attached to each other which causes the girl to yelp. This is the first time we've had a girl so we don't know what to do in that situation and so far the only suggestion we've had is to chuck water at them but I just feel that would make things worse.

So, what I'm asking is, what do we do in this situation? I know you have to wait for her to let go but is there anything you can do to help because it's horrible listening to her and not knowing what to do in this situation other then panic because we feel they're both in pain when it's happening.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Doggy issue. - August 13th 2010, 06:28 PM

Okay, I'm not 100% clear on what you're meaning. Do you want the dogs to breed and are worried somethings going wrong, or do you want them to not breed and are wondering how to discourage them?

Sorry if I'm being thick here ^^;

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Doggy issue. - August 13th 2010, 08:22 PM

Don't worry about it, I wasn't completely clear. I didn't really know how to word it.

Basically, we don't want them to breed but it seems they keep attempting only for it to go wrong because the guy gets off before the girl is ready to let go of him which seems, from the sounds she makes, to be painful for her. So, what I'm asking is, what is the best way to handle that situation? Because we're pretty clueless here and when it happens, we don't know how to handle it. So, any tips on how to help her let go of him, if there is any, because they just pull away from each other which doesn't do anything or any ways to make them stop doing it to stop us getting into that situation.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Doggy issue. - August 13th 2010, 09:39 PM

You should keep the female separated ideally.
If it's her first season then you really DONT want her to become pregnant.
Either keep them separate or use a really strong NO command as soon as they start to get 'wound up' about stuff.
It's easier to keep them separate than deal with the consequences

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Doggy issue. - August 14th 2010, 11:02 AM

Okay, cheers. We'll try that, especially as we're never in the room when they start to get wound up, it would probably be best to make sure we know there is no chance of it happening again.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
~sal~ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sally

Re: Doggy issue. - August 14th 2010, 05:46 PM

from what you say it sounds like your dogs have mated & "tied" if this is the case there is now a very strong possibilty ur dog is pregnant. if i was you in 4wks i would get her scanned to see if she is or not.

please be aware of the possible costs if ur dog is pregnant including a c section, i recently went through this with my dog (a planned litter) and the only puppy did not make it so after a huge vet bill i had nothing to show for it and i could have lost the mum aswell (if i hadnt taken her the vets when we did it was a very strong possiblity)

i dont want to scare you or anything but please be aware

My scars remind me .... my past IS real ♫
You're not the first girl, to cut her fears in her arms, then let them trickle down ♫
I DONT WANT TO BE ME ♫

Closed Thread