TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lilypie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: mel

Unhappy friend problems HELP - July 7th 2012, 09:08 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

well ik alot of ppl are going worse than i am but i got hurt by a friend or 2 and i have been cutting and i thought tht would help but no tht doesnt i try to get my mind off of it but i dont kno how any ideas???

Mel.M

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: friend problems HELP - July 7th 2012, 11:21 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that things have been so bad that you've turned to cutting. Cutting is never a good solution for anything, as you've found out, and the best thing for you to do now would be to try and stop, because it's an addictive cycle that's harder to get out of the longer you leave it.

Here is a link to the self harm alternative list: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/
On this list, there are lots of different ways to try and take your mind off cutting, and although not all of them will work for everybody, hopefully, there will be some in there that will help you.

I'd also recommend that you talk to someone, like a parent or a teacher at school. If problems with friends have caused you to do this, then things really need to get sorted out. Are the problems still going on? Have you talked to anyone about them before? A teacher or a parent may be able to help you sort things out with your friends.

Also, you don't need to be alone when you try to stop cutting. Most schools should have some sort of guidance counselor, and it might be a good idea to talk to the one at your school. It's good to build yourself up a support network so that you have people helping you get through this.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Take care.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: friend problems HELP - July 9th 2012, 03:06 PM

Hi There--

As said above cutting is not the answer. I know that it may have seemed like it was helping you but its not and that why you need to try to stop I am not saying that this is going to be easy but it is important that you stop cutting! If you continue it is going to get worse to the point where you rely on it and that not the way you want to go.

You should try to use alternatives you can find some alternatives here on TeenHelp. We are here for you and care!

If you need to talk you can PM me anytime you need too!

Take Care,

BlaineG.

Closed Thread