TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

I lost a lot of blood tonight - September 20th 2012, 02:09 AM

My promotion ceremony at the end of eighth grade was in June, right by my birthday. So ever since May, I've been working to keep my legs clean. I cut again in July, but not on my legs. Tonight was the first time I cut on my legs. I've been sick for the past week with the flu, and I'm going to be going back to school tomorrow. I'm nervous for school, because I got my schedule changed and I'm tired of everything. There's stuff I'm thinking of reasoning why I'm nervous for school but I can't find the words right now. I had the urge to cut my legs for a while now, but I've been isolating myself from the cruel world. I started shaking so I decided to go take a hot bath for the steam. I took the blade and cut my legs to peices. I didn't stop there though. I cut my stomach, thighs, and chest. I lost a lot of blood. I stood up and it was running down my legs. After that, I went outside to sit and listen to my music, I started hallucinating and I was lightheaded from the blood loss. I don't know what else to say, I feel like I have no one to turn to.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: I lost a lot of blood tonight - September 20th 2012, 02:13 AM

Hi Cassie,

First off, I'm sorry to hear you have the flu; I hope you feel better soon! The flu can be so icky to deal with.

I admire that you went a period of time without using SH, and it sounds like you had a slip up. Do you think the stress of school and being sick was a little overwhelming?

As somebody that actively donates blood, I can tell you that your body produces blood cells very quickly, and your lightheadedness should go away soon (unless you lost more than a pint, though it doesn't sound that way). Have some tea/water/hot chocolate and forgive yourself for the slip-up. You definitely want to rest to get your health and energy back.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: I lost a lot of blood tonight - September 20th 2012, 05:35 AM

Hi Cassie,

I hope you're alright. Blood loss is very serious for a body. Make sure you help yourself recover by drinking lots of water, that will also help battle your sickness.

Just remember you can always turn to someone on here if you need to talk. You are fine just remember to just breathe. Take 10 deep breathes when you start feeling some Anxiety.

Feel better!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I lost a lot of blood tonight - September 20th 2012, 09:28 AM

Hi Cassie

I struggled with blood loss due to self harm which made me Anaemic and resulted in me passing out several times a day and uncontrollably shaking during I had passed out (making people assume I was having seizures) and vomiting. Listen to was Serenitysmile said because she's right and hopefully the blood is isn't serious

I think its amazing that you went those periods without hurting yourself. I know how difficult and overwhelming it can be to push through the urges. And don't let this relapse set you back. Its happened but its time to move on again now and start fresh, okay? And you can do it because you've done it before.

If you want to talk to us about anything making you feel low and any reason as to what is causing the urges to self harm, you're more than welcome to. We'll try our best to help you

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread