TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nikki999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs down Self harm - September 30th 2012, 07:03 AM

I am new to this site....soooo here i go.
I went through this really hard year and um i started cutting. I have scars on my arms and sometimes people will see them and make fun of me or give me a dirty look.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Self harm - September 30th 2012, 07:07 AM

Hey, welcome to the site.

I have never cut but I've tried to, I resorted to burning instead though, easier and easier to hide.
BUt forget those people. People who don't harm don't understand the insatiable need to do it. How addictive it really is once you start.
Just ignore them and they'll leave you alone.

Good luck,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Self harm - October 1st 2012, 01:10 AM

Jay is right. Without having experienced it, there's no way those people can understand it. However, what they are saying and doing is wrong, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. If you can't ignore them, maybe try defending yourself with a smart remark or talking to someone who can deal with the people making fun of you.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Self harm - October 1st 2012, 02:10 AM

Hi there,

Firstly welcome to the site. I'm glad you've find it and that you've come on here for some help and support

I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough year. I know you haven't gone into detail about that and if you don't want to talk about it, that's absolutely fine. But I just wanted to let you know that if you do what to talk about it to us, then we're here. We won't judge you but we will listen and try to support you through it.

What do you get out of self harming? That might sound like a weird question to ask, but I feel it's important for us to know in able for us to be able to help you through it. For example, some people self harm because they feel they deserve the pain where as others self harm because they feel the physical pain they feel from in stops the emotional pain they feel inside. There are lot's of reasons as to why a person might self harm and I'm wondering what your reason is. Do you think it helps you in any way? Do you know what has triggered this? If you want to talk to us about it more, again, we're here to listen and help.

I'm sorry people act that way towards you because of the scars. But I want you to know that the scars you have on your body from self harm, do not define you as a person at all. It doesn't make you weak or any less of a human being. You're still you. And people who act that way towards you, well, it shows more about them as a person than it does you. You're worth more than that.

I hope that you're well. Remember, we're here for you if you want to talk.

Keep smiling,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Thomassfts Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Self harm - October 1st 2012, 02:23 AM

Hello(:

have you talked to some one about your self harm? (Counselor, Teacher, Nurse, etc)

Closed Thread